White Sox vs Royals Game 1

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 01:30 AM)
Development? I can't see how anyone would really expect anything more than what we saw out of him last year. To me that was as optimistic as I ever really thought possible for Quintana.

He made a big leap from rookie year to last year. It wasn't out of the question to hope for more.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 07:30 PM)
Development? I can't see how anyone would really expect anything more than what we saw out of him last year. To me that was as optimistic as I ever really thought possible for Quintana.

I like this. The Sox took a guy who was released by the Yankees and made him into a legit 3. I know he's a 2 on this team but on a good team I think Q is a 3. That's a solid win, IMO.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 07:31 PM)
He made a big leap from rookie year to last year. It wasn't out of the question to hope for more.

Yes it was. There was nothing in his stuff that suggested he was the type of guy that was going to have a sub three ERA or anything.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 07:29 PM)
You think so? The advanced stats seem to be in line with his career.

I do he is having trouble going 6 innings in a lot of starts. Q hits a wall in the 5th and 6th inning all the time, opponents are hitting .320 off him the 3rd time through the lineup.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 01:44 AM)
Exactly. Were you expecting him to add 2 mph each year or something?

I didn't expect his numbers to regress, especially his batting average against. He's keeping the ball in the park, but he's giving up a lot of hits compared to his career.

QUOTE (BaconOnAStick @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 07:47 PM)
Yep, here at Soxtalk we love being right about losing. Now let's have another thread about trading our core players.

Its funny because 20 years of constant rebuild would probably make some people happy on here