White Sox vs Royals Game 1

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What the heck was Hahn thinking by not giving us veteran insurance behind Flowers? Especially this year. I know he thought his shoulder was part of the problem(apparently his track record didnt mean anything). But last year was a huge red flag.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 02:08 AM)
What the heck was Hahn thinking by not giving us veteran insurance behind Flowers? Especially this year. I know he thought his shoulder was part of the problem(apparently his track record didnt mean anything). But last year was a huge red flag.

My guess is that he wasn't planning on contending this year and wanted to give Flowers one more shot.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 08:08 PM)

There was almost no catching out there. No reason to overpay

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 08:18 PM)
Start naming names.

Jarrod Saltalamacchia right off the bat. Now what's going to happen is its going to cost us players to acquire one. Look at the free agent class next year.

Edited by Baron

So Flowers, Beckham and Gillaspie are the goats so far tonight, along with Quintana?

And we're all freaking out about finding a catcher again, one would assume.

And someone will name Jason Castro or Yasmani Grandal in 3-2-1...

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 13, 2014 -> 08:21 PM)
Jarrod Saltalamacchia right off the bat. Now what's going to happen is its going to cost us players to acquire one. Look at the free agent class next year.

Ehh. I just don't think this years team is something that is one player away.