Sox vs. Royals, Game 2, 1:10 PM CT

Jake

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 08:23 PM)
Rotation turning to crap fast.

It's been horrible all year. Can't get more than two going well at the same time it seems. Thankfully Danks is making that contract not seem like a lost cause.

I'll give the Sox credit for playing .500 for 66 games. That's not bad considering injuries and lack of talent. But, I think we've reached the "Separation Zone" of the season. BY the time they get to the break, there will be more teams that are clearly sellers. The Sox are headed that way.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 08:20 PM)
Aaron Rowand was a .273 career hitter, not a .250 hitter. And with us, he was closer to around .285. Rowand also hit 20+ HR in a year multiple times, and could crush the ball. Eaton will never do that, he is a slap hitter mostly. Rowand was a righty, Eaton a lefty. Eaton has tons of speed, Rowand had average speed.

There are far more differences with those two guys than similarities. Eaton would be closer to a Scott Podsednik with much better fielding and less base stealing ability.

We really don't have anyone from our recent past to compare Eaton to.

I guess I screwed up the comparison. I don't see Eaton hitting better than .273 or 20 homers so ... ouch.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 08:25 PM)
For as mediocre as Noesi was today, let's not forget he should have escaped this inning with 0 runs allowed, and about 30 more pitches on his arm. This inning is all on Luery and Alexei.

That is true. Noesi's defense sent him to the shower early.

L. Garcia is really an embarrassment. He's the new Keppinger. Time for the organization to admit a mistake there and dump him. I guess Flowers is the same way. I'd rather see him sent down for six weeks and give him one final chance but I wouldn't be against releasing him either.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 08:25 PM)
I'll give the Sox credit for playing .500 for 66 games. That's not bad considering injuries and lack of talent. But, I think we've reached the "Separation Zone" of the season. BY the time they get to the break, there will be more teams that are clearly sellers. The Sox are headed that way.

If they are going to lose, do it the next month instead of August

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 02:21 PM)
I've said it many times, if Robin can get this talent to play .500 ball all year he's manager of the year.

And you usually follow that up by saying he is the worst manager ever because he managed to run out of pitchers in an extra inning game

Basically you are all over the place

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 08:30 PM)
Joey Gathright with slightly more pop is about the best I can do off the top of my head.

Joey Gathright was a speedster who couldn't get a hit to save his life. What about my Damon comparison?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 08:34 PM)
And speed. And pretty much everything else

So is soxtalk saying Eaton is a bust in the making? That's not good cause it seems like he's been penciled in as Sox future CF.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 08:36 PM)
So is soxtalk saying Eaton is a bust in the making? That's not good cause it seems like he's been penciled in as Sox future CF.

Hard to tell...so far he has been much more slappy than I thought he would be. Good news is his defense has been great.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 02:36 PM)

I am not I think he is having leg issues this year that may effect his play all year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 02:36 PM)

Saying that Eaton is not Damon doesn't mean I am saying he is a bust. Damon is a borderline hall of fame player

The Sox talent evaluators do need some help though. Flowers and L. Garcia appear to not be big leaguers and Beckham was a bust for that slot he was selected. Also our minor league outfielders that were supposed to be amazing and were picked high stink as well. What's more, Viciedo appears to be blah at best. All I ask is more efficient talent evaluation!

Edited by greg775