Royals vs White Sox

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 10:24 PM)
Viciedo and Flowers are just on ridiculously bad streaks. Neither of them deserve to be back next year.

Viciedo is a huge huge bust. Let him try and get it together for another team. Flowers is a AAA catcher, a lifer on the AAA level.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 07:51 PM)
Viciedo is a huge huge bust. Let him try and get it together for another team. Flowers is a AAA catcher, a lifer on the AAA level.

On the bright side, Viciedo and Flowers will now become all stars.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 06:51 PM)

Beckham has been a bust for 4 years now and he's viewed by some as part of the future still.

Obviously, in his last 50-100 at-bats, he's looked terrible. He needs to hit 20+ homers per season to be valuable. He's going to get the remainder of this year, regardless of how he's doing now.

Unless you want to play Taylor/Danks/Sierra/Tuiasasopo with DeAza and Eaton.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 16, 2014 -> 02:42 AM)
Beckham has been a bust for 4 years now and he's viewed by some as part of the future still.

Obviously, in his last 50-100 at-bats, he's looked terrible. He needs to hit 20+ homers per season to be valuable. He's going to get the remainder of this year, regardless of how he's doing now.

Unless you want to play Taylor/Danks/Sierra/Tuiasasopo with DeAza and Eaton.

I'm just tired of Viciedo even more than DeAza. Viciedo really has a horrible approach at the plate and is a very easy out for any pitcher with half of a clue. I wouldn't be against Flowers playing the rest of the year since the batboy said he was such a great guy. It might be interesting to see if he ends up with more K's than Dunn had in Dunn's worst season as a Sox.

Beckham .286, 4 HRs and 15 RBI. Blah. He's trending downward as well right now.

Still can't see Sox admitting a mistake as he was the 8th overall pick in the draft. Anybody know any names of guys Sox coulda had instead of Beckham that year? Anybody hit it big?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 16, 2014 -> 03:06 AM)
Bet your house on it.

You guys won't point out whenever I'm right and I'm too polite to mention it. But since you blast me I'll mention I got the parlay right today: Royals and the over. When somebody told me the over was eight I said bet the over and the Royals because the game screamed 7-2 or 8-1.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 10:13 PM)
You guys won't point out whenever I'm right and I'm too polite to mention it. But since you blast me I'll mention I got the parlay right today: Royals and the over. When somebody told me the over was eight I said bet the over and the Royals because the game screamed 7-2 or 8-1.

It's really only when you say "bet your house on it" that it happens.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 16, 2014 -> 04:19 AM)
It's really only when you say "bet your house on it" that it happens.

I think if you guys put me to the test on teams I know something about I would win you some cold, hard cash if you followed my advice on such wagers.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 16, 2014 -> 04:34 AM)
Exactly what our sputtering offense needs.

Oops. Sox are in last place in the division. This is not good. The team got one over .500 but never could get red-hot and actually be the surprise team of baseball. Let's hope this is not the plummet toward a top 3 draft pick again. I'm afraid with our iffy starting pitching past the third starter and some lousy everyday players to go with a few stars, we're in deep s*** as far as the standings.

It's be nice to see Sale, Lexi and Abreu all make the all-star game at least. And Gillaspie make the ballot for that extra guy on the all star roster if he stays over .320.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 10:58 PM)
Oops. Sox are in last place in the division. This is not good. The team got one over .500 but never could get red-hot and actually be the surprise team of baseball. Let's hope this is not the plummet toward a top 3 draft pick again. I'm afraid with our iffy starting pitching past the third starter and some lousy everyday players to go with a few stars, we're in deep s*** as far as the standings.

It's be nice to see Sale, Lexi and Abreu all make the all-star game at least. And Gillaspie make the ballot for that extra guy on the all star roster if he stays over .320.

It would be a Top Ten pick right now.