(35-32, 17-16 away)

White Sox

(33-36, 19-17 home)

2:10 PM ET, June 15, 2014

U.S. Cellular Field, Chicago, Illinois

Starting Pitchers

Kansas City: Shields (7-3, 3.44 ERA)

Chicago: Rienzo (4-3, 5.25 ERA)

Let's not f***ing get swept by these bums! Come on Sox let's start our own winning streak.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 01:15 PM)
Ok, enough is enough with Andre Rienzo.

KC 2-0 another lost weekend like at Angels. Rienzo rolling everything leaving it up.

You cannot win with Noesi and Rienzo in rotation..............KC has won last 9 of 10 in Chicago.

Edited by Soxfest

The question is who do you replace Rienzo with...?

Once again, depth and disappointing performances from Erik Johnson and Paulino not helping things. And the ghost of Didier Drogba might be more effective for Ivory Coast than Tommie Hanson for the Knights.

As long as it's not Axelrod or Carroll, I guess.

This could be the first time we suffered sweeps at home (going back to last year) like this to the Royals since 1999.

Edited by caulfield12

I'm not sure if this was touched on in another thread, but the worst part of this is that there aren't any great trade chips on this team. Danks would have to have a great July, but I'm not banking on that. I'm not sure if any team would give up a hell of a lot for Dunn. Gillaspie could net a mediocre haul. The only guy would be Sale, and he's not going anywhere.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 01:19 PM)
I'm not sure if this was touched on in another thread, but the worst part of this is that there aren't any great trade chips on this team. Danks would have to have a great July, but I'm not banking on that. I'm not sure if any team would give up a hell of a lot for Dunn. Gillaspie could net a mediocre haul. The only guy would be Sale, and he's not going anywhere.

Nobody is taking Danks contract.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 06:19 PM)

Alexei is far and away the best trade chip this team has

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 01:15 PM)
This pitching staff is horrible. Rienzo not long for this rotation. There is not a lot of talent on this roster.

Sox may be 10 under .500 before next road trip is over.

Belisario's very valuable as a set-up guy, middle reliever.

Beckham and Viciedo could get you something. DeAza eventually can be cleared for salary relief if he gets hot, not that we have anyone but Taylor/Sierra/Danks to give playing time to in the 2nd half.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 01:21 PM)
Alexei is far and away the best trade chip this team has

And I don't believe they could get as much as we'd all like them to get.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 01:20 PM)
Nobody is taking Danks contract.

Right, especially if he continues to be mediocre, hence the reason I said it won't happen.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 01:24 PM)
Belisario's very valuable as a set-up guy, middle reliever.

Beckham and Viciedo could get you something. DeAza eventually can be cleared for salary relief if he gets hot, not that we have anyone but Taylor/Sierra/Danks to give playing time to in the 2nd half.

Viciedo and De Aza are just bad. I did forget about Beckham.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 01:24 PM)
And I don't believe they could get as much as we'd all like them to get.

Right, especially if he continues to be mediocre, hence the reason I said it won't happen.

Danks has been far from mediocre this year. I'd bet someone would take him if he keeps pitching like he has been, but I wouldn't trade him, he's been too good.

Lexi/Gordon/Conor and some guys in the pen are all decent trade chips.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 01:26 PM)
Danks has been far from mediocre this year. I'd bet someone would take him if he keeps pitching like he has been, but I wouldn't trade him, he's been too good.

Lexi/Gordon/Conor and some guys in the pen are all decent trade chips.

His ERA is 4.17 and his WHIP is 1.32. No one is giving up a prospect of value for that, especially when "that" is still due a stupid amount of money.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 01:28 PM)
His ERA is 4.17 and his WHIP is 1.32. No one is giving up a prospect of value for that, especially when "that" is still due a stupid amount of money.

Gotta look deeper. He has 10 quality starts in 12 starts overall. Only 8 guys have more than 10. His ERA is inflated due to 2 really bad starts.