Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 3, 2015 -> 07:41 PM)
Let's just be happy Q didn't have Patrick Kane as a rookie.

so it is an interesting point, so if Q has this idea of what a player should be and

his responsibilities, let say for this discussion, Kane doesn't do it like Q preaches.

does not mean Q has double standards??

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 3, 2015 -> 12:41 PM)
Let's just be happy Q didn't have Patrick Kane as a rookie.

That is an interesting point. Any guesses as to how Q would have handled younger Kane?

Perhaps, though, during Kanes first years, there wouldn't have been as much of a win-now mentality because the Hawks were still building. As such, defensive responsibility might not have been at such a premium as it is now.

Then again, this could just be how Q is, young rebuilding team or not.

It's interesting to ponder.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Jan 3, 2015 -> 07:33 PM)
That is an interesting point. Any guesses as to how Q would have handled younger Kane?

Perhaps, though, during Kanes first years, there wouldn't have been as much of a win-now mentality because the Hawks were still building. As such, defensive responsibility might not have been at such a premium as it is now.

"Hey this guy was the 1st overall pick. I better play him since the last time anyone heard from me I was getting a DUI somewhere."

Yup. That's what he'd do. He'd play the kid.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Jan 3, 2015 -> 07:33 PM)

Kane has also become a much better defender under Q.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 5, 2015 -> 12:37 PM)
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 6m6 minutes ago

Quenneville says Trevor van Riemsdyk is ahead of schedule. Can "ratchet up" his rehab soon. #Blackhawks

That's exciting news.

That Richards goal was shades of Kanes last goal of the 2010 playoffs. Just higher off of the ice.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Jan 6, 2015 -> 11:15 AM)
Kind of a head scratcher. Over .500, and in the playoffs if they were to start today. Maybe they've been tanking lately and I haven't noticed.

The Leafs will always believe they are the best team in hockey.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Jan 6, 2015 -> 11:15 AM)
Kind of a head scratcher. Over .500, and in the playoffs if they were to start today. Maybe they've been tanking lately and I haven't noticed.

They have had some pretty horrendous losses and losing streaks this season, offset by some untouchable hot streaks.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 6, 2015 -> 11:28 AM)
The Leafs will always believe they are the best team in hockey.

They already seem convinced Babcock will be their head coach next year.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jan 6, 2015 -> 06:16 PM)
For those wondering Clint Reif death ruled a suicide.

Wow. The EPIX show following the Hawks and Capitals had a lengthy discussion with Clint Reif about his job right before he died. Nothing struck me as odd with him during his interview. You can find it here: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/blackha...uled-a-suicide/

That's really, really sad.

Edited by South Sider