Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 02:43 PM)
Daniel Winnik to the Penguins.

Jiri Tsulsty to the Jets.

It seems like the Penguins are always extra active at the deadline.

Jets needed to replace Kane & Perrault. They had just been moving Dusty Buffs back & forth between winger & D.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 10:08 AM)
Jay Zawaski ‏@JayZawaski670 4m4 minutes ago

Clarity on cap relief- With Kane on LTIR, the Hawks get $5.45 mil in cap space. Player cap hit - available cap space = relief.

This is interesting. If you make it far in the playoffs, then you can bring Kaner back along with the extra reinforcements over the cap.

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 09:30 PM)
211 posts about a guy who seemingly is always hurt and not a premier player in his league.

11 posts for the top scorer in the NHL

All I heard on The Score today was about Derrick Rose injury and the Bears of course. Only mention of Kane was to mention it in the same sentence as Rose because they happened to occur on the same night. Kane's injury is a VASTLY bigger blow to his team than Rose's.

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 08:30 PM)
211 posts about a guy who seemingly is always hurt and not a premier player in his league.

1. One of those injuries has long-term franchise changing implications, the other one doesn't.

2. One of those players has two championships already, the other one doesn't.

3. Nobody cares about hockey.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 26, 2015 -> 04:37 AM)
1. One of those injuries has long-term franchise changing implications, the other one doesn't.

2. One of those players has two championships already, the other pne doesn't.

3. Nobody cares about hockey.

4. This isn't Kanes 3rd major injury. Kane has played more games in just this season, then Rose has in the last 3 combined.

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 08:30 PM)

Well one sport is the 2nd most popular in this country and the other sport is hockey. I love the Blackhawks but the NBA and the Bulls especially moves the meter. Just the way it is.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 26, 2015 -> 08:15 AM)
So Steve Konroyd is on the Score right now, and I swear he just said Clint Reiff took his own life. I never heard any confirmation of the cause of his death

That news came out a while ago, I remember being at a game in January and we talked about it being announced.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20150106/news/150109303/

That's interesting that Konroyd actually said Reiff took his own life, it seems like most people close to the Hawks would just say he passed away.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 08:33 PM)
This is interesting. If you make it far in the playoffs, then you can bring Kaner back along with the extra reinforcements over the cap.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 11:37 PM)
All I heard on The Score today was about Derrick Rose injury and the Bears of course. Only mention of Kane was to mention it in the same sentence as Rose because they happened to occur on the same night. Kane's injury is a VASTLY bigger blow to his team than Rose's.

It's really not that difficult to understand why the Rose injury is a bigger story.

ESPN Chicago ‏@ESPNChiHawks 8m8 minutes ago

The Blackhawks have acquired forward Spencer Abbott from the Maple Leafs in exchange for defenseman T.J. Brennan.

ESPN Chicago ‏@ESPNChiHawks 7m7 minutes ago

Abbott, 26, has seven goals and 17 assists in 46 games in the AHL this season. He has played in one career NHL game.

SiriusXM NHL Network ‏@SiriusXMNHL 4m4 minutes ago

BREAKING TRADE- @NHLDevils Jaromir Jagr to @FlaPanthers for a Second round pick and a conditional third .

As cool as it would have been to see Jagr in a Hawks jersey, I don't think this version of him would have helped all that much.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 26, 2015 -> 09:41 PM)
ESPN Chicago ‏@ESPNChiHawks 8m8 minutes ago

The Blackhawks have acquired forward Spencer Abbott from the Maple Leafs in exchange for defenseman T.J. Brennan.

ESPN Chicago ‏@ESPNChiHawks 7m7 minutes ago

Abbott, 26, has seven goals and 17 assists in 46 games in the AHL this season. He has played in one career NHL game.

SiriusXM NHL Network ‏@SiriusXMNHL 4m4 minutes ago

BREAKING TRADE- @NHLDevils Jaromir Jagr to @FlaPanthers for a Second round pick and a conditional third .

As cool as it would have been to see Jagr in a Hawks jersey, I don't think this version of him would have helped all that much.

but i bet he will most definitely help in the captaincy.