Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (South Sider @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 11:05 AM)
I have tickets to the Sox game and the Hawks game on the 25th... I really hope they schedule the Hawks at night. What an epic day that would be.

Otherwise, I have to choose one -_-

Or the Hawks will just have to win in 5 games

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 19m19 minutes ago View translation

#Blackhawks' lines during practice: Saad-Toews-Hossa, Versteeg-Richards-Kane, Bickell-Shaw-Sharp, Nordstrom-Kruger-Teravainen.

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 16m16 minutes ago

Antoine Vermette and Andrew Desjardins not skating among top four lines during #Blackhawks' practice.

Tracey Myers ‏@TramyersCSN 9m9 minutes ago

Defensive pairs: Keith-Hjalmarsson, Oduya-Seabrook, Timonen Rozsival. #Blackhawks

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 05:32 PM)
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 19m19 minutes ago View translation

#Blackhawks' lines during practice: Saad-Toews-Hossa, Versteeg-Richards-Kane, Bickell-Shaw-Sharp, Nordstrom-Kruger-Teravainen.

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 16m16 minutes ago

Antoine Vermette and Andrew Desjardins not skating among top four lines during #Blackhawks' practice.

Tracey Myers ‏@TramyersCSN 9m9 minutes ago

Defensive pairs: Keith-Hjalmarsson, Oduya-Seabrook, Timonen Rozsival. #Blackhawks

ugh.... Beckell is playing.....

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 07:33 PM)
Maybe he will rekindle some of his past playoff magic? :pray

oh crap, i forgot about that. he really does shine during playoff time. that is how he got his big arse, contract.

Not like we couldn't guess it would happen, but Patrick Kane has stated that he is playing in game 1. This.Is.Awesome.

It's a shame we couldn't get home ice, but the silver lining of the injury allowed us to add to our depth. It's true that neither Vermette or Timonen have looked very good, but you never know if they will take it to the next level in the playoffs. Plus, Desjardins has looked like a solid 4th liner, which we really need. I'm excited about our forward depth, but I really hope we can get Vermette going in a center role and he can win a lot of faceoffs for us. Still a little concerned about the D depth though, and it could burn us.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 12:21 PM)
Not like we couldn't guess it would happen, but Patrick Kane has stated that he is playing in game 1. This.Is.Awesome.

It's a shame we couldn't get home ice, but the silver lining of the injury allowed us to add to our depth. It's true that neither Vermette or Timonen have looked very good, but you never know if they will take it to the next level in the playoffs. Plus, Desjardins has looked like a solid 4th liner, which we really need. I'm excited about our forward depth, but I really hope we can get Vermette going in a center role and he can win a lot of faceoffs for us. Still a little concerned about the D depth though, and it could burn us.

Welcome back Kaner!

According to the practice lines, it looks like Vermette will be a healthy scratch for game 1. I don't know about that move, I know he's been struggling but you need him in there IMO.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 12:21 PM)

This is as deep of a team as the Hawks have had since their first cup win. The thing is this group has never really gelled. Hopefully it happens in the playoffs, but I just don't have that excited feeling about this group.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 12:26 PM)
Welcome back Kaner!

According to the practice lines, it looks like Vermette will be a healthy scratch for game 1. I don't know about that move, I know he's been struggling but you need him in there IMO.

I hope Q isn't that crazy. But this is the same guy who played Handzus at second line center for pretty much all of last year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 01:56 PM)
This is as deep of a team as the Hawks have had since their first cup win. The thing is this group has never really gelled. Hopefully it happens in the playoffs, but I just don't have that excited feeling about this group.

These are my thoughts exactly. Hopefully Kane coming back ignites them, but there isn't that spark or swagger I'm used to seeing in the Hawks.