Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 11:23 AM)
@ChrisKuc 3m3 minutes ago

#Blackhawks lines during practice: Saad-Toews-Hossa, Bickell-Richards-Kane, Sharp-Vermette-Teravainen, Desjardins-Kruger-Shaw. No Versteeg.

Please do this. Please.

If Versteeg sits, then who will gain the blue line, reverse ice to create room, create no room in doing so and then get stripped of the puck for an odd man rush going the other way? Who? Tell me Q, who will take up that role?

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 11:30 AM)
If Versteeg sits, then who will gain the blue line, reverse ice to create room, create no room in doing so and then get stripped of the puck for an odd man rush going the other way? Who? Tell me Q, who will take up that role?

Judging by his play in game 4, I am going to guess Derrick Rose.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 11:23 AM)
@ChrisKuc 3m3 minutes ago

#Blackhawks lines during practice: Saad-Toews-Hossa, Bickell-Richards-Kane, Sharp-Vermette-Teravainen, Desjardins-Kruger-Shaw. No Versteeg.

Please do this. Please.

That would just be too good to be true. I gotta add I've really liked Desjardins' play on the 4th line.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 10:12 AM)
Vermette line could be more dangerous than the Richards line.

Seems like such a waste to have the passing of Kane with Bickell and Richards. Kane needs a sniper to work with. But I guess they are more interested in Kane shooting and Bickell being traffic in front.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 06:30 PM)
Ruutu and Daze were my favorite players as a kid. And Alexei Zhamnov.

I was really good at EA Sports NHL games back in the day . I could beat anyone using the Hawks. Zhamnov and Daze were my big scorers . Or maybe that was when you could sort of cheat at the game and make the players better than they were by increasing their shot accuracy and other skills. :P

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 12:16 PM)
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 15m15 minutes ago

Word is Game 1 of #Blackhawks-Wild will be Friday at 8:30 p.m. at the United Center. Game 2 will be Sunday at 7:30 p.m.

Why is there such a long amount of time between series like this?

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 03:31 PM)
Why is there such a long amount of time between series like this?

The Red Wings-Lightning series is not over until game 7 tomorrow, and they won't start the 2nd round until the entire 1st round is done.

SERIES E - C3 vs. W1

TIME (CT) vs. NETWORKS

Friday, May 1 8:30 p.m. Minnesota at Chicago NBCSN, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

Sunday, May 3 7:30 p.m. Minnesota at Chicago NBCSN, CBC, SN360, TVA Sports

Tuesday, May 5 7 p.m. Chicago at Minnesota NBCSN, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

Thursday, May 7 8:30 p.m. Chicago at Minnesota NBCSN, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

*Saturday, May 9 TBD Minnesota at Chicago TVA Sports

*Monday, May 11 TBD Chicago at Minnesota TVA Sports

*Wednesday, May 13 TBD Minnesota at Chicago TVA Sports

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 03:41 PM)
The Red Wings-Lightning series is not over until game 7 tomorrow, and they won't start the 2nd round until the entire 1st round is done.

Ahhhhh.

Meanwhile... some potential big news for the Hawks moving forward

"Hearing free-agent F Artem Panarin, who led KHL champion St. Petersburg in scoring, is getting close to joining the Chicago Blackhawks."

EDIT: sorry I don't have twitter and couldn't embed exactly who said that, I just copied from hfboards

Edited by South Sider

QUOTE (South Sider @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 04:56 PM)

"Hearing free-agent F Artem Panarin, who led KHL champion St. Petersburg in scoring, is getting close to joining the Chicago Blackhawks."

EDIT: sorry I don't have twitter and couldn't embed exactly who said that, I just copied from hfboards

It was Elliotte Friedman.

He's a sniper with a hell of a wrister, but he's another small forward. 5'9" 170-ish.

Not saying that's bad, just saying.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 05:02 PM)
It was from Elliotte Friedman.

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/593163583623561216

Would be a very nice, and creative get for the Hawks, especially with a lot of holes going to be open next season.

Thank you! I agree wholeheartedly. I'm glad to see the Hawks aren't shying away from Russian hockey players. If they do sign him, it'll be exciting to see how he translates into the NHL. It could also make the loss of Sharp sting a little less as far as the top 6 is concerned. Unless you think Sharp is done, in which case, you should be even happier. :lol:

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 05:06 PM)
On that note, it's funny to read the national opinion of the Blackhawks. It's very easy to get caught up in the bubble of following the team every day, and to be frustrated with this and that, but they really have turned into the Red Wings of this generation. They are now the most veteran team in the playoffs in terms of experience, are seemingly always in the hunt for the Cup, and even when they have to "start over", it's more of a reload than a re-tool.

I'm not saying everything is perfect, but we are going to look back on this team in 20 years and shake our head at how good of a run they really had.

Agreed. They won't be AS good next year, but I don't see a humongous drop-off. They are still gonna be a tough out as long as they have this core.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 04:56 PM)

Hawks? Russian player?!?!