Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 31, 2015 -> 10:57 PM)
Ya this wedding was at a country club so there were tv's everywhere. The bride told the bartenders they weren't allowed to turn them on but we overpowered that cause we're good friends.

Man, I feel sorry for your buddy who got married.

I am old enough to remember when the Hawks played Tampa in their first ever game. Was I pissed when they won the cup first.

From the footage I watched this weekend, the Bolts seriously look like the proverbial "team that is happy to be there." The contrast with the all business, experienced Hawks was stark.

I am not as certain as I was last year that the Western Conference winner was going to be the de facto Stanley Cup champion, but I feel more confident going into this series than any one so far this year.

Hawks in 6.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 04:02 PM)
The only big injury they had is Rozeval who won't skate for months.

good i really was hoping for the main core players healthy.

btw, in chicago any word on Bickell and playing 4+ mins last game.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 09:47 AM)
Any word on whether TVR will be available?

It sounded like he should be available by the middle of the series, but who knows if they will just throw him in the fire after not having played in so long and being so young. Then again, I'd be scared of the Lightning's speed vs. Timonen, so maybe TVR would be the next man up.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 10:10 AM)
good i really was hoping for the main core players healthy.

btw, in chicago any word on Bickell and playing 4+ mins last game.

After the game, Q's quote was "He will be fine". That's about the most detailed injury update you will get in the playoffs unless someone is 100% out for the playoffs

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 04:25 PM)
It sounded like he should be available by the middle of the series, but who knows if they will just throw him in the fire after not having played in so long and being so young. Then again, I'd be scared of the Lightning's speed vs. Timonen, so maybe TVR would be the next man up.

After the game, Q's quote was "He will be fine". That's about the most detailed injury update you will get in the playoffs unless someone is 100% out for the playoffs

interesting. i really doubted that he was hurt.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 11:13 AM)

I don't have any issues with the credit card restrictions. Fact is, between the amount of Chicagoans living in Florida and the modern day secondary ticket market, any Blackhawks fan who wants to attend the game, will be able to anyway.

The restricting of Hawks jerseys in the club sections? Now that's ridiculous.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 11:29 AM)
I don't have any issues with the credit card restrictions. Fact is, between the amount of Chicagoans living in Florida and the modern day secondary ticket market, any Blackhawks fan who wants to attend the game, will be able to anyway.

The restricting of Hawks jerseys in the club sections? Now that's ridiculous.

I'll never understand not wanting to sell your product, regardless of who's buying it.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 11:31 AM)
I'll never understand not wanting to sell your product, regardless of who's buying it.

For a regular season game, I'd get your point. But it's the Stanley Cup Final, there is zero chance it doesn't sell out. Might as well try to help your team have a better crowd (Although it just may encourage more Floridians looking to make a quick buck)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 10:25 AM)

Pretty sure Kimo is on the bench unless we are ahead 3 games to zero. The D play was so much better once he was gone.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 11:42 AM)
Pretty sure Kimo is on the bench unless we are ahead 3 games to zero. The D play was so much better once he was gone.

Agreed. If the Hawks win, poor guy won't even get his name on the Cup after all.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 12:08 PM)
Hawks can petition names for the cup, he'll be on it. I remember in 2013 Toews was going to remove the word "captain" off the Cup so someone else could get their name on.

That was for Jamal Mayers, who had been on the team for 2 years. Given how short Timonen was here and little he contributed, I'm not convinced his name will be on there if he doesn't play a Finals game.

Since the Hawks made the Finals, the Timonen trade will now cost them two second round draft picks.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 12:15 PM)
That was for Jamal Mayers, who had been on the team for 2 years. Given how short Timonen was here and little he contributed, I'm not convinced his name will be on there if he doesn't play a Finals game.

Since the Hawks made the Finals, the Timonen trade will now cost them two second round draft picks.

I think they put his name on there, or at least give him first hoist after Toews. I'd assume it would go Captain-Kimmo-Richie

I think the dress code is a little suspect, but I don't care about their restrictions. At the least, the half-assed TB fans will make a bunch of money on the secondary market

I'd show up in my Toews winter classic sweater. AT least its not red. That is so clown of TB though.

I wish I had the Hull pre sale code for when tickets go on sale tomorrow morning. Probably by the time the general public gets to buy them, they will be nearly sold out and the website will be running like a turtle.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 01:21 PM)
I'd show up in my Toews winter classic sweater. AT least its not red. That is so clown of TB though.

I wish I had the Hull pre sale code for when tickets go on sale tomorrow morning. Probably by the time the general public gets to buy them, they will be nearly sold out and the website will be running like a turtle.

It says clothing so I would just bring a huge Hawks flag.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 10:53 PM)
Christopher Kamka ‏@ckamka 34m34 minutes ago

Most ice time among skaters, 2015 playoffs

1. Duncan Keith 537:04

2. Victor Hedman 468:14

Keith a full 68:50 ahead of anyone else.

can we say MVP