Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 09:54 PM)
I think the Hawks are the better team, but we have not played better for more than a handful of minutes in this series.

its clear that they're evenly matched teams, i dont think you can say one team is better than the other

one thing i notice that's glaring between the two is the lightnings puck handling, it's so far and away better than the hawks, and they dont turn the puck over nearly as much either

you have to set up your offense strategically to score on Bishop, whereas Crawford will occasionally let in routine s*** that should be saved by any NHL goalie

those might be the factors that cost the hawks the cup

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 02:29 AM)
All playoffs they have been letting the opponent respond right after a goal .

That goal to tie it at 2 was a killer IMO. Man, we'd just taken the 2-1 lead. WTF.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 03:04 AM)
That game was lost in the first period, the ice was tilted, they needed to score more than one.

Good point. I wonder if the Hawks are worn out. We'll find out. If the Hawks are gonna win this series it's going to take an amazing effort the rest of the way. I can't believe it's 2-1 TB after that great win in Game One. Hawks will not come back from 3-1 this time so they better even this baby up with a win in Game Four.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 10:08 PM)
Hawks out of gas?

Not a chance, we have seen this script played out over and over again with the Hawks. I was always more worried about Tampa than Anaheim, and the Lightning may still win the Cup, but the Hawks are coming, you can bet on that. It's not even like they got thoroughly outplayed last night, they just didn't take full advantage of their chances.

Playoff record under Q:

Games 1-3: 30-30

Games 4-7: 40-14

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 10:01 PM)
its clear that they're evenly matched teams, i dont think you can say one team is better than the other

one thing i notice that's glaring between the two is the lightnings puck handling, it's so far and away better than the hawks, and they dont turn the puck over nearly as much either

you have to set up your offense strategically to score on Bishop, whereas Crawford will occasionally let in routine s*** that should be saved by any NHL goalie

those might be the factors that cost the hawks the cup

I don't agree with any of this.

The team didn't even look bad, they just missed a couple of golden opportunities in the first period and it ended up costing them. Tampa was more lucky than good last night. The score could have been 4-1 Hawks last night, and it wouldn't have shocked me with the chances the teams had.

Jeff Nuich ‏@JeffNuich 5m5 minutes ago

#StanleyCup Game 3 Chicago mrkt ratings/homes (#Blackhawks lost each Gm 3):

2015: 24.0 (834,552)

2013: 16.8 (585,446)

2010: 17.2 (602,172)

I was at the Sox game Saturday. By the time the Tigers lead got to 5-1, a lot of fans had abandoned their seats and were finding any TV they could in the concourse, and the bullpen bar had a line to get in.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 10:50 AM)
Is Toews? Sharp? Bickell?

Hossa, Kane, Keith, Toews, Sharp & Bickell have 0 goals combined. You have to think one of those guys gets hot eventually.

I think Hossa's played well. I credit TB for the job they're doing against Kane & Toews. Bickell's been his usual self (this year), and as for Keith, you can't count on your D-men for scoring, consider it a bonus.

Patrick Sharp is the one who confounds me.