Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 11, 2015 -> 11:04 AM)
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 35m35 minutes ago

Over the last four postseasons (2012 through 2015), the Blackhawks are 17-4 in Games 5-7 of a series, 7-2 on the road

Now, the Blackhawks get an extra day of rest. I think this best of 3 is going to be fun!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 10:22 PM)
You all need to enjoy a Stanley cup win more.

Ha, right? There are two or three hockey games left this season, that's it, enjoy it while you can before the Dismantling V3.0 occurs. It's gonna be even harder to keep getting this far in the playoffs.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 11, 2015 -> 02:39 PM)
Ha, right? There are two or three hockey games left this season, that's it, enjoy it while you can before the Dismantling V3.0 occurs. It's gonna be even harder to keep getting this far in the playoffs.

Yeah, you have to start by figuring Sharp is gone, and then going from there.

That makes it all of the more important to enjoy these last 2 or 3 games.

To the hockey experts: How is the matchup going? Do u think the Hawks have what it takes to win a best 2 of 3 not having home ice?

Give me your impressions of the 2 of 3 series. Is it all on Crawford?

I say the odds are heavily in favor of TB.

I am no expert, but its pretty clear that the Hawks have not played their best hockey. I really feel better things are to come, and that has been their trend late in series.

I don't know enough about TB to say whether they can kick it up a notch to withstand what I hope is coming.

I still think Hawks in six.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 11, 2015 -> 03:57 PM)
To the hockey experts: How is the matchup going? Do u think the Hawks have what it takes to win a best 2 of 3 not having home ice?

It is a great series so far.

The Hawks "have what it takes"

It is not even close to all on Crawford. The Hawks have four legitimate superstars with Toews, Hossa, Kane, and Keith. If I had to pick and X-factor, it is the Hawks D as a group.

The odds are not heavily in favor of anyone. Tampa actually is only 5-5 at home during the playoffs, so home ice isn't nearly as important as you think. Also don't forget that the Hawks just won a game 7 in Anahiem to get to the Finals, and took a game already in Tampa, so it isn't like they are scared of the road either.

I think Crawford, outside of the last game, hasn't been great but is far from the major reason we're in such a close series. Our skaters have not played that well. The Roszival injury is hurting a lot and every d-man outside of the Keith/Hjalmarsson tandem has been terrible at times, while Cumiskey/Van Riemsdyk/Timonen have all been terrible the majority of their time on the ice. We had gotten little production out of our top line until last night.

The bright side is that the series is tied and we're rooting for the Blackhawks. They are the team, of all those I root for, that I get least stressed about. I've felt fairly pessimistic at times throughout the postseason, but with the Hawks there's always that thought in your mind that they could turn it on at any moment. Even better, I feel extremely confident that they won't fold. They're capable of being outplayed, but not of giving up or getting rattled by the moment.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 09:51 PM)
You going to give him some credit now? Probably not.

This sport makes my head hurt.

He was good final 4 minutes.....................still does not change the fact he let very soft goals in both games 2 and 3. You going to give him some grief now? Probably not.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 11, 2015 -> 04:50 PM)
I think Crawford, outside of the last game, hasn't been great but is far from the major reason we're in such a close series. Our skaters have not played that well. The Roszival injury is hurting a lot and every d-man outside of the Keith/Hjalmarsson tandem has been terrible at times, while Cumiskey/Van Riemsdyk/Timonen have all been terrible the majority of their time on the ice. We had gotten little production out of our top line until last night.

The bright side is that the series is tied and we're rooting for the Blackhawks. They are the team, of all those I root for, that I get least stressed about. I've felt fairly pessimistic at times throughout the postseason, but with the Hawks there's always that thought in your mind that they could turn it on at any moment. Even better, I feel extremely confident that they won't fold. They're capable of being outplayed, but not of giving up or getting rattled by the moment.

Totally agree. The CRAWFORD movement in Hawks fans is the same group that annually campaigns for the back up QB on the Bears, the non-playing rookie guy on the Bulls, and the hot playing nobody guy in the minors for our baseball teams. It is the simple response to a not so simple situation.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 11, 2015 -> 06:02 PM)
Totally agree. The CRAWFORD movement in Hawks fans is the same group that annually campaigns for the back up QB on the Bears, the non-playing rookie guy on the Bulls, and the hot playing nobody guy in the minors for our baseball teams. It is the simple response to a not so simple situation.

I don't think there is as much hate for Crawford as there is hate for his contract. Crawford is a good goalie but he is a replaceable goalie as well.

It's playoff hockey man, nobody knows the answer. You try to analyze a game, then it goes three overtimes until the puck deflects off a shin pad.

There is no doubt that the Hawks CAN win 2 more games, hopefully they do.

Tell me why you think "heavily?" TB is actually a better road team than home team.

I have every confidence in this team to finish out. They are so good at countering adjustments as the series goes on. Do people remember how dead in the water the Hawks looked after game 3 vs. Boston in 2013? They then eeked out a game 4 and then began going right at the Bruins presumed strength (Chara) and won in 6 games. That might not happen this time, but this team has earned my confidence.

Since 2009, in games 4 - 7, the Blackhawks are 41-14.

TBL has a TON of pressure on them for game 5. Why? Because the BH have been here before. They don't get too up when they win nor too down when they lose. A young, inexperienced in the SCF team can easily let the pressure get to them.

Of course, it hasn't happened so far, but the 'hawks haven't played their best hockey yet.

IMHO, I think the Lightning have come closer to playing the best they can than the Blackhawks...and it's still tied at 2.

Plus, I don't worry until G6.