Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

It's funny, given all the criticism, that Tortorella casually dropped Crawford's name as the presumptive Conn Smythe winner on ESPN today. Would make up for him getting jobbed in 2013, at least.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 02:39 AM)
I didn't see anyone but media idiots doing that

I hardly think that makes them idiots. I would bet a LOT of people would like to know the potential parade day so they can plan their work weeks accordingly. My brother was given permission by his boss to take off whatever day the parade falls if they happen to win. For me, I just hope it's on my day off Thursday, otherwise I'll be "sick" that day.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 12:12 PM)
It's funny, given all the criticism, that Tortorella casually dropped Crawford's name as the presumptive Conn Smythe winner on ESPN today. Would make up for him getting jobbed in 2013, at least.

It was Keith's to lose after the WCF, but Corey may have passed him up.

For all the talk about the Hawks only playing 4 D-men, seeing some of the scrubs Tampa kept on the ice the final 5 minutes was something else. You need a goal, your stars need to be playing every shift at that point, the season is over in a few days.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 01:41 PM)
It was Keith's to lose after the WCF, but Corey may have passed him up.

For all the talk about the Hawks only playing 4 D-men, seeing some of the scrubs Tampa kept on the ice the final 5 minutes was something else. You need a goal, your stars need to be playing every shift at that point, the season is over in a few days.

I know defensemen aren't sexy, but we aren't even in the finals if it wasn't for Duncan Keith, let alone up 3 games to 2 in the finals. The guy is a machine. Hopefully people appreciate Duncan Keith, because there is no better defenseman in the game of hockey today.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 08:25 PM)
I know defensemen aren't sexy, but we aren't even in the finals if it wasn't for Duncan Keith, let alone up 3 games to 2 in the finals. The guy is a machine. Hopefully people appreciate Duncan Keith, because there is no better defenseman in the game of hockey today.

Doughty's pretty good.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 08:25 PM)

Absolutely. He has been dominant these playoffs. Also, I think because Keith is so good, people don't notice how rock solid Hjalmarsson is too. He will never win a Norris, but he has been a huge part of this run.

On the other side, to be fair, the heir to Keith's throne is wearing a Lightning jersey. Hedman has probably been the best player in these 5 games.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 05:19 PM)
Hockey is deplorable. But one win away from 3 titles in 6 years is beyond impressive. You're talking the *barf* premier franchise in team sports right now.

Why is hockey deplorable? Were you joking? I think it's pretty exciting, at least playoff hockey.

Question time for the experts ...

-- If Chicago wins, what are the chances of rioting? I say pretty slim.

-- What's all this talk of this being the Hawks' last chance at a title? Why do they have to lose key guys? Salary cap again or ?

-- Technically speaking, what does TB have to do to win this one? Hawk overconfidence and grab an early 2-0 lead after one? Are Hawks so experienced they know it's time to go for blood and win this baby, 6-1? How confident is everybody the Hawks wrap it up on home ice?

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 09:19 PM)
Doughty's pretty good.

Don't get me wrong, there are guys who are close. But Duncan is 30+ minutes a night, on the highest stage possible, and just doesn't make mistakes, on top of just taking guys out of the game. He just makes play after play.

Tampa is about ready to put Stamkos on a milk carton.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 11:15 PM)
Why is hockey deplorable? Were you joking? I think it's pretty exciting, at least playoff hockey.

Question time for the experts ...

-- If Chicago wins, what are the chances of rioting? I say pretty slim.

-- What's all this talk of this being the Hawks' last chance at a title? Why do they have to lose key guys? Salary cap again or ?

-- Technically speaking, what does TB have to do to win this one? Hawk overconfidence and grab an early 2-0 lead after one? Are Hawks so experienced they know it's time to go for blood and win this baby, 6-1? How confident is everybody the Hawks wrap it up on home ice?

I'll just ignore the first question completely.

Second question I will answer by mentioning what happened to the 2010 team and noting that as long as you have the best two way center and defenseman in hockey today, you have a chance. Add to that Saad, Kane, etc, and you have a team that is in the top echelon of the NHL no matter who the last two lines are.

Third question, technically speaking, Tampa needs to score more goals than Chicago win. If they want to win the series, they have to do it twice in a row.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 12:08 PM)
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 41m41 minutes ago

Kucherov on the ice for Lightning morning skate

If he's good to play, then he really should have come back out for G5. I think its a feint, and he sits. It sure looked like he broke his collar bone.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 02:17 PM)
If he's good to play, then he really should have come back out for G5. I think its a feint, and he sits. It sure looked like he broke his collar bone.

I can't imagine the pain of getting checked into the boards with a broken collar bone. Perhaps a mild shoulder separation?

May all be for show.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 02:20 PM)
I can't imagine the pain of getting checked into the boards with a broken collar bone. Perhaps a mild shoulder separation?

May all be for show.

Cooper is super concerned with injury reports and he fakes this s*** all the time. No way that guy plays with that injury. If he does, he shouldnt be very effective.