Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 04:31 PM)
I totally thought the game was in Chicago. $155 in St Louis? Holy s*** x 5. They don't even sell out consistently.

Nashville and St. Louis do their "Keep the Red Out" campaigns to stop Hawks fans from attending games, so the only way for Hawks fans to get tickets are through Stubhub and other 3rd party vendors, so the tickets are always through the nose.

Just for comparison sake, the Blues play the Penquins at home a couple weeks later, another premiere team, and the tickets are in the $70-80 range for the same seats I just bought.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 11:45 PM)
Nashville and St. Louis do their "Keep the Red Out" campaigns to stop Hawks fans from attending games, so the only way for Hawks fans to get tickets are through Stubhub and other 3rd party vendors, so the tickets are always through the nose.

Just for comparison sake, the Blues play the Penquins at home a couple weeks later, another premiere team, and the tickets are in the $70-80 range for the same seats I just bought.

they should be freaking happy the fans of the hawks are coming to the games. it helps sell tickets and bring in the hype.

what the fvck

If anyone watched the NHL All Star fantasy draft last night. It was shockingly hilarious. I think everyone was hammered besides Kane lol.

They even made a trade. Team Toews traded Phil Kessel to Team Foligino for Tyler Seguin. It's hilarious because they were traded for each other some years ago. Twitter exploded with that deal and the crowd was crying. It was awesome.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 24, 2015 -> 10:13 AM)
they should be freaking happy the fans of the hawks are coming to the games. it helps sell tickets and bring in the hype.

what the fvck

Yeah, and out of towners bring out of town money and it helps their economy, I agree. But I guess none of that is worth having a large portion of the crowd root for the other team for them to handle. lol. It's pretty dumb in my opinion.

The Skills Competition featured BY FAR the worst breakaway challenge I've ever seen. Very little creativity, the only props used were dumb, the tricks were lame, half the time the guys never even completed a trick or even shot the puck. It was so embarrassing.

The rest was pretty solid though. Weber going 108.5 MPH, holy s*** sticks are becoming insanely advanced.

As much as some people hate that the MLB All-Star game counts, I think it's the best thing Bud has done with the all-star game over his tenure. The MLB ASG is easily the most entertaining one to watch. It's the only one where the players are trying and we actually get to see what a team looks like with the best collection of athletes in their respective sports.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 25, 2015 -> 11:55 PM)
As much as some people hate that the MLB All-Star game counts, I think it's the best thing Bud has done with the all-star game over his tenure. The MLB ASG is easily the most entertaining one to watch. It's the only one where the players are trying and we actually get to see what a team looks like with the best collection of athletes in their respective sports.

I don't think baseball players try harder because it "counts". It's just the nature of baseball that you don't have to try that hard to still play at an elite level. Lots of standing around with small bursts of energy.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 12:43 PM)
I don't think baseball players try harder because it "counts". It's just the nature of baseball that you don't have to try that hard to still play at an elite level. Lots of standing around with small bursts of energy.

it is not that the nhl all stars don't try, it is b/c there is a huge chance of injury. take away the aggressive checking and you have what many saw.

i remember when mike keenan was the all star coach, he made them play defense and check. that was a good game. but he got a lot of flak from the owners for that.

i think it is time to hang up the all star games.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 25, 2015 -> 02:13 AM)
The Skills Competition featured BY FAR the worst breakaway challenge I've ever seen. Very little creativity, the only props used were dumb, the tricks were lame, half the time the guys never even completed a trick or even shot the puck. It was so embarrassing.

The rest was pretty solid though. Weber going 108.5 MPH, holy s*** sticks are becoming insanely advanced.

How about this breakaway goal from the KHL???

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 03:34 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=3108532:date=Jan 25, 2015 -> 02:13 AM:name=Chilihead90)-->
QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 25, 2015 -> 02:13 AM)
<!--quotec-->The Skills Competition featured BY FAR the worst breakaway challenge I've ever seen. Very little creativity, the only props used were dumb, the tricks were lame, half the time the guys never even completed a trick or even shot the puck. It was so embarrassing.

How about this breakaway goal from the KHL???

holy crap, that is the goal i been seeing all morning on sports channel at breakfast.

Hawks traded D Adam Clendening to the Vancouver Canucks for D Gustav Forsling

I think this is an age swap. Clendening is ready now but can't crack the Hawks roster because its so deep.

Forsling is only 18 and playing in Sweden. He had 8 points in 5 games at the WJC. Shoots left too.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 05:34 AM)

I think this is an age swap. Clendening is ready now but can't crack the Hawks roster because its so deep.

Forsling is only 18 and playing in Sweden. He had 8 points in 5 games at the WJC. Shoots left too.

wow this surprise me, i really liked Clendening as a player and his potential. the hawks have some players coming up with their contracts ending.

~~~ edit. - what is i am starting to realize, maybe it is me and the whole scotty bowman, the father, preference for european players. that i think scotty junior thinks the same way.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 29, 2015 -> 10:34 PM)

Rozsival'ed