Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 10:47 PM)
The first one was a breakaway but it was a s*** shot at his glove, the deflection was also at his glove. Not surprisingly the 3rd goal was a 60 footer at his glove. The fourth he got faked out of his pads and they went glove side again. He was awful.

How is giving up a breakaway goal awful? Do you put any blame on the defense? Keith was atrocious tonight, failed to clear the puck twice that lead to goals the same shift.

The deflected shot was going to his blocker side, until deflected towards the glove, any goalie would of missed that.

Also, you do know Crawford has one of the best save percentages on breakaways in the NHL.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 10:52 PM)
How is giving up a breakaway goal awful? Do you put any blame on the defense? Keith was atrocious tonight, failed to clear the puck twice that lead to goals the same shift.

The deflected shot was going to his blocker side, until deflected towards the glove, any goalie would of missed that.

Also, you do know Crawford has one of the best save percentages on breakaways in the NHL.

It was an awfully saveable shot. He was bad, you could see it from the outset of the game. He was fighting the puck and his glove was full of cement. At least 2 of those goals should have been saved.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 10:57 PM)
It was an awfully saveable shot. He was bad, you could see it from the outset of the game. He was fighting the puck and his glove was full of cement. At least 2 of those goals should have been saved.

K.

Well that sucked. Crawford does deserve some blame, but the defense was s*** in the 1st. The whole game was just sloppy. And now Minnesota is only one point behind. It's been ugly for a while, if it wasn't for Corey standing on his head a few times in the past month, they'd easily be in 4th or 5th place. They seem primed for a 1st round exit unless something changes.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 12:41 PM)
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 2h2 hours ago

Confirming, #Blackhawks can't activate Patrick Kane from injured list until playoffs due to salary-cap restrictions. No room at the inn.

Whatever. We need him whenever we can add him.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 12:58 AM)
Nashville has 2 points on us. Would be great to close it out strong and take that #1 seed. Last we did that....it ended pretty well.

Nashville and St. Louis both have only 1 point on us, not 2.

Hawks have to open up on the road regardless. But they have a choice to get a point/win the next game and play Nashville or lose/rest guys and draw either the Blues or the Ducks. I know who I'd want if I was in Q's position, but I'm curious to hear what others think..

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 06:54 AM)
Hawks have to open up on the road regardless. But they have a choice to get a point/win the next game and play Nashville or lose/rest guys and draw either the Blues or the Ducks. I know who I'd want if I was in Q's position, but I'm curious to hear what others think..

It would seem that Nashville would be the "easiest" matchup, but Pekka is more likely to stand on his head than either of the STL goalies. With the way the Hawks have been playing though, I don't think any matchup would be "easy" anyway.

Given the Ducks' ridiculous one-goal margin record, I wonder if they are a bit weaker than it seems, but a 1st round cross-country series isn't ideal. Plus, the only way they face them is if the Hawks lose to COL in regulation, MIN beats STL in OT/SO, and ARI beats the Ducks in regulation.

I think Q will end up resting some players, I know that Paliota kid they just signed has to play tomorrow night according to his contract.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 03:44 PM)
Wow.. Since February 18th, Ottawa went 22-3-2 to clinch a playoff berth and knocked out the Penguins or the Bruins depending on their games tonight. Amazing.

Hamburglar! !!!

Watching how excited these Canadian fan bases get about hockey is awesome. That first playoff game in Winnipeg is gonna be bonkers.

No. 2 Nashville vs. No. 3 Chicago

Wednesday, April 15 7:30 p.m. Chicago at Nashville

Friday, April 17 8:30 p.m. Chicago at Nashville

Sunday, April 19 2 p.m. Nashville at Chicago

Tuesday, April 21 8:30 p.m. Nashville at Chicago

*Thursday, April 23 TBD Chicago at Nashville TBD

*Saturday, April 25 TBD Nashville at Chicago TBD

*Monday, April 27 TBD Chicago at Nashville TBD