Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 09:20 AM)
Now teh door is back open for Crawford in Game 6.

Q is speaking to the media around 1:45, I think he is going back to Corey, we will see. If Darling starts and loses game 6, I think it's harder to throw Corey in the fire for a game 7, whereas this gives him a chance to prove himself again.

Either way, I'm starting to get worried about Pekka getting his groove back. He had been shaky most of the series, but he is starting to look comfortable and is fully capable of stealing two games on his own.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 02:28 PM)
Darling to start.

A little surprised, but it's not like Darling played bad enough to lose the job in game 5. Doesn't matter who is in goal, just don't go back to Nashville for a coin flip.

Penguins lose their 7th straight playoff overtime game and are sent home.

In Crosby's 3rd and 4th seasons, they lost the Cup final then won it all. In 6 seasons since then they have only made the conference finals once and were swept. Then again, Ovechkin has never even made the ECF.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 09:24 PM)
Penguins lose their 7th straight playoff overtime game and are sent home.

In Crosby's 3rd and 4th seasons, they lost the Cup final then won it all. In 6 seasons since then they have only made the conference finals once and were swept. Then again, Ovechkin has never even made the ECF.

Crosby has been in the league for 10 years? Jesus that sounds so weird.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 12:01 AM)
Crosby has been in the league for 10 years? Jesus that sounds so weird.

I met the dude when he and Lemieux were on Lemieux's retirement tour in his rookie season while I was interning with the Blackhawks.

That was a lifetime ago. Bill Wirtz was alive, I was an intern, and Tuomo Ruutu was our best player. A decade is a long time!!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 08:54 AM)
I met the dude when he and Lemieux were on Lemieux's retirement tour in his rookie season while I was interning with the Blackhawks.

That was a lifetime ago. Bill Wirtz was alive, I was an intern, and Tuomo Ruutu was our best player. A decade is a long time!!

Ruutu and Daze were my favorite players as a kid. And Alexei Zhamnov.

Haha St. Louis!!! Worst playoff team ever? Haha! And how fitting that Vancouver gives up 7 in an elimination game.

The Wild will be a tough series for the Hawks. Hopefully they can avoid giving up 3 in the first again, I don't think they can depend on coming back from that twice in this series.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 08:36 AM)
Haha St. Louis!!! Worst playoff team ever? Haha! And how fitting that Vancouver gives up 7 in an elimination game.

The Wild will be a tough series for the Hawks. Hopefully they can avoid giving up 3 in the first again, I don't think they can depend on coming back from that twice in this series.

Good call ;)