Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 11:02 PM)
I think you mean Conn Smythe my friend :P

ok again i am wrong. jeez.... what a miserable day i am having.

:notworthy

Edited by LDF

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 05:14 PM)
ok again i am wrong. jeez.... what a miserable day i am having.

:notworthy

It's the same s*** don't worry.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 12:36 PM)
I think they put his name on there, or at least give him first hoist after Toews. I'd assume it would go Captain-Kimmo-Richie

I'd bet money it'll be Vermette after Timonen then maybe Richie or possibly Darling considering his journey.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 12:36 PM)
I think they put his name on there, or at least give him first hoist after Toews. I'd assume it would go Captain-Kimmo-Richie

I imagine he would be the first healthy scratch to hoist the cup immediately after the captain

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ May 30, 2015 -> 09:44 PM)
Dont get me wrong, Ill take it all day, but how was that kicked in goal allowed?

The rule states that there has to be a distinct kicking motion. There wasn't one. You are allowed to redirect the puck with your skate as long as you don't kick at it.

If you saw the slo-mo replay it was actually the goalie who screwed up after he made the initial save . The rebound dropped right in front of him and he wanted to get it out of there so he swept it with his stick right into the path of the on rushing Hossa. Hossa already had his skates turned to slow himself down . In real time its like a half second from the sweep by the goalie to the puck hitting Hossa's skate. He didn't even have time to think of "kicking " the puck.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 2, 2015 -> 07:40 AM)
The rule states that there has to be a distinct kicking motion. There wasn't one. You are allowed to redirect the puck with your skate as long as you don't kick at it.

If you saw the slo-mo replay it was actually the goalie who screwed up after he made the initial save . The rebound dropped right in front of him and he wanted to get it out of there so he swept it with his stick right into the path of the on rushing Hossa. Hossa already had his skates turned to slow himself down . In real time its like a half second from the sweep by the goalie to the puck hitting Hossa's skate. He didn't even have time to think of "kicking " the puck.

It's one of those things where the slo-mo made it look a lot worse than it actually was. Real time it wasn't a kicking motion.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 2, 2015 -> 08:08 AM)
It's one of those things where the slo-mo made it look a lot worse than it actually was. Real time it wasn't a kicking motion.

It looked like he definitely wanted to kick the puck to his stick to me.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2015 -> 05:44 PM)
Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski 18m18 minutes ago

Yzerman on Toews, in comparison to himself: "He's bigger, stronger, better"

Yzerman...... that was a great classy statement.

nice

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2015 -> 09:39 AM)
Hey guys, who can we talk to about the Stanley Cup Finals? I know!

Comcast SportsNet ‏@CSNChicago 53m53 minutes ago

Hulk Hogan: #Blackhawks are "in a whole bunch of trouble, brother" - http://bit.ly/1RGjZh6

Lightning have as much chance of winning as Hogan does getting back with his ex wife Linda, or Brooke having a singing career brother!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 2, 2015 -> 05:48 PM)
Lightning have as much chance of winning as Hogan does getting back with his ex wife Linda, or Brooke having a singing career brother!

he is a freaking idiot.

who cares what he has to say. his time in the sun has faded.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 2, 2015 -> 01:14 PM)
he is a freaking idiot.

who cares what he has to say. his time in the sun has faded.

Exactly. Why does anyone care about his opinion... Oh yeah, this is the world that the Kardashians have on their toes and a trans that gets a magazine cover. Jesus....

WGN TV

15 mins ·

MAYOR EMANUEL INVITES TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING FANS TO CHICAGO:

“Chicago Blackhawks supporters are known to be among the best in the NHL, and certainly we wish the Tampa Bay Lightning management would welcome Chicago fans to their city and not be afraid to let them into their arena for the Stanley Cup finals. As Mayor of Chicago, I welcome Tampa fans – and hockey fans from around the country – to fly to Chicago and enjoy our world class hotels, restaurants, cultural attractions, and then go watch Stanley Cup hockey in Chicago. It doesn’t get any better than that.”

I would definitely love to see an effective TVR, but I'm scared that he may not be ready for the insane pace that these games will have. Hopefully, the practice squads have been playing with that pace, to give him a taste.

It sure is nice to have a team like the Hawks to root for while my Sox are sucking up a storm.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 12:51 PM)
I would definitely love to see an effective TVR, but I'm scared that he may not be ready for the insane pace that these games will have. Hopefully, the practice squads have been playing with that pace, to give him a taste.

It sure is nice to have a team like the Hawks to root for while my Sox are sucking up a storm.

It's more of a relief to me in case we sustain an injury. He has been skating for 2 weeks though it seems like.