2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:52 PM)
I'm not sure of next year's available money.

Next year the Bulls could have available money but to make that happen they have to allow Jimmy Butler to become a restricted FA and also not do anything else long-term this offseason other than Mirotic. Seems fairly unlikely.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 01:57 PM)
K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 37s

If Lakers acquire Lin and first-round pick from Rockets, that hurts Bulls' chances at shedding Boozer in S&T for Gasol. Assuming no Melo.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 22s

Rockets have dealt Jeremy Lin and a future first-rounder to Lakers, sources told ESPN. Houston clearing space to land Bosh, keep Parsons.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 01:54 PM)
The Bulls will have far fewer traceable assets then thanks to Boozer's contract being removed.

No one is really lining up for Boozer right now. And next year the Bulls could likely make a max fa offer with guys like Aldridge, Love, as UFA and Klay Thompson as RFA.

(Edit)

Which is why if the Bulls dont get Melo they might as well just ride with what they have instead of getting a band-aid (presuming they cant trade for a Love or Aldridge).

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 07:00 PM)
No one is really lining up for Boozer right now. And next year the Bulls could likely make a max fa offer with guys like Aldridge, Love, as UFA and Klay Thompson as RFA.

(Edit)

Which is why if the Bulls dont get Melo they might as well just ride with what they have instead of getting a band-aid (presuming they cant trade for a Love or Aldridge).

Aldridge said he plans to sign an extension this offseason.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:00 PM)

Didn't Aldridge basically say he will be returning to Portland, the reason he didn't sign is because he was waiting for the max for 5 years next year? Love will be traded and probably given an extension by the team that gets him, and Thompson will be subjected to a match.

Would the Bulls be able to offer a max next year? I find that unlikeley.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:04 PM)
I see absolutely no way for the Rockets to get both Parsons and Bosh. They'd be way too far over the cap and the offer sheet makes his cap hold enormous

If they sign Bosh and match Parsons they get both, its pretty simple

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:03 PM)
Didn't Aldridge basically say he will be returning to Portland, the reason he didn't sign is because he was waiting for the max for 5 years next year? Love will be traded and probably given an extension by the team that gets him, and Thompson will be subjected to a match.

If the Cavs get Love he will definitely sign an extension and Aldridge has stated he wants to stay in Portland and with them having a solid young core around him I don't see him leaving. If those two are off the market next year's free agency class is pretty weak.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:03 PM)

If there were good options this year, sure. But there arent, so it would make 0 sense to commit money right now and then not wait and see what happens.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:06 PM)
You can't sign Bosh if there is a 15 million cap hold on Parsons. They have no cap space if there is a 15 million cap hold.

Thats not what I heard.. they would sign Bosh first, and then be able to match the offer sheet for Parsons to go over the cap

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 07:06 PM)
If there were good options this year, sure. But there arent, so it would make 0 sense to commit money right now and then not wait and see what happens.

#2015plan

#2016plan

#2017plan

#2018plan

#2019plan

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:49 PM)
Melo will be a Bull. Bank on it.

If you're right along with your Lebron to CLE, prediction days ago, I'll wear a Buckeye...nevermind.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:06 PM)

There are plenty of decent options, but they can't twist in the wind waiting for Melo to say no, and be left holding a bag of money they can't pay to the decent options. If Melo plays the Bulls, and Gasol et al. are off the board, when they get their answer, it's time for Gar/Pax to take a hike, and I have never been a Gar/Pax hater.