2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 09:46 AM)
One thing I think we can say for sure is that this isn't the same "meh" return we appeared to be getting from Rose last season. It's really impressive at how relatively little rust he has when he was so off last year. You can tell he really put the work in to get back to form.

I'm not about to say he's perfect or the team is, but I've also long said this will whole process will take time. Lots of new faces in the rotation. I think this years return, the reason he is less rusty is because of the time he spent leading up to and including the FIBA tourney. The thing I've been most impressed with is he seems to be a better passer then he was before the injury. Again, small sample size, but I've seen a lot more nifty passes from him and I expect improvements in this area as this would usually be something that can often take a lot longer, especially with new teammates.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 09:54 AM)
Of the major sports, I think sitting in the 10lower level is most important for basketball. Sitting in the 300 level for hockey at the UC isn't bad, but it sucks for basketball.

Yeah for hockey, I like center ice, elevated, gives you a nice perspective of the game. Clearly being on the boards is cool too, but not as good from a pure viewing experience of the game. To me, if you are going to go to 1 or 2 games, the experience of being right on ice or really close to a field is awesome, if you are a season ticket holder or go to a lot of games, the elevated view center ice (behind home if talking baseball) is the best place to be for hockey/baseball.

Football is bad from all places, for me it is a go once every other year or so cause it is fun but the actual viewing is pretty bad from most anywhere. Basketball is the one place where the whole experience changes by getting in that lower level. You really appreciate how good and fast and strong everyone is.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 09:48 AM)
I really think Derrick has matured over the past year. When he came back last year, he was god awful. He looks like a completely different player so far this year. Still explosive, just without the bricks and turnovers of last year. Hopefully, he stays healthy.

As solid as he has been playing, I think Rose is definitely playing cautious and holding off an extra gear. Last night's game, I noticed that there are numerous occasions where after Detroit scores a basket, he just patiently brings the ball back up court, where the old Rose would have gotten the inbound pass quickly and race up court to beat everyone else for the basket. We might see that later on in the season or in the playoffs, but I feel like we aren't getting the full Rose yet.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 09:41 PM)
As solid as he has been playing, I think Rose is definitely playing cautious and holding off an extra gear. Last night's game, I noticed that there are numerous occasions where after Detroit scores a basket, he just patiently brings the ball back up court, where the old Rose would have gotten the inbound pass quickly and race up court to beat everyone else for the basket. We might see that later on in the season or in the playoffs, but I feel like we aren't getting the full Rose yet.

He said exactly that to the media yesterday.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 07:34 AM)
He said exactly that to the media yesterday.

He also said he may sit some games because he doesn't want to be sore when he goes to his son's graduation, or when he is retired from basketball, doesn't want soreness when he goes to meetings.

It's nice you can take a break from a job that pays you $19 million a year now, so your calf might not be sore when you go to a meeting in 20 years.

I am sure someone told him he needed to tone it down so he wouldn't have another major injury and limp in pain the rest of his life, but Derrick isn't a rocket scientist. The Bulls either need him not to talk to the media or in some way train him to do so. Maybe that is impossible, but some of these quotes are going to tick people off.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 08:58 AM)
It's amazing how bad he consistently screws up the PR game. Those comments were just a big F-You to the fans.

It seems to be, but I don't think they are meant to be. I just think the guy is probably one of the nicest guys in the NBA, one of the most talented guys in the NBA, and in the team photo for least intelligent guys in the NBA.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 09:01 AM)
It seems to be, but I don't think they are meant to be. I just think the guy is probably one of the nicest guys in the NBA, one of the most talented guys in the NBA, and in the team photo for least intelligent guys in the NBA.

Sitting in the front and f***ing center.

I really don't care. Rose says something that sounds pissy, people cry and cry because they would do it so differently if they were in his position!, and then it turns out he meant something else but didn't say it correctly.

Rose was basically acknowledging what every medical doctor fan who has commented for the past 2 years has been saying "he needs to change his game!"

OMG! A player wants a life after playing his sport?! He's not going to kill himself for the game and the team (the team that will throw him away the moment he's not useful)?! THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait wait, owners and management aren't considering player safety? There's an issue with concussions and long-term ailments that the leagues aren't paying for. THE PLAYERS ARE HUMANS NOT ROBOTS! I DEMAND ACTION! RABBLE, RABBLE, RABBLE!

Jesus Christ this country can find ANYTHING to complain about.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 04:40 PM)
OMG! A player wants a life after playing his sport?! He's not going to kill himself for the game and the team (the team that will throw him away the moment he's not useful)?! THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait wait, owners and management aren't considering player safety? There's an issue with concussions and long-term ailments that the leagues aren't paying for. THE PLAYERS ARE HUMANS NOT ROBOTS! I DEMAND ACTION! RABBLE, RABBLE, RABBLE!

Jesus Christ this country can find ANYTHING to complain about.

I don't think we've ever been more on the same page.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 08:58 AM)
It's amazing how bad he consistently screws up the PR game. Those comments were just a big F-You to the fans.

If anyone should have learned how to placate the public, you would think the kid who grew up seeing Jordan play the public and the media would be it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 09:01 AM)

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 09:34 AM)
[/b]

Sitting in the front and f***ing center.

Yeah, anyone who has to have Reggie Rose take their SATs...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 10:56 AM)
If anyone should have learned how to placate the public, you would think the kid who grew up seeing Jordan play the public and the media would be it.

He was between 0 and 10 in those years. In his life he's seen Jordan be a terrible owner/manager/gambler/womanizer/HOF speech-giver more than the GOAT basketball player/product endorser. And frankly I think Jordan's legacy is about 1000 times worse if he played in the era of twitter, TMZ, etc.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 10:58 AM)
Exactly. Even if you think it, you don't say it. It is a five course dinner for the meatball fans.

This just goes back to holding professional athletes to some higher, near-impossible standard. And then people can complain when he doesn't reach that standard. Or complain when he's not open/honest enough. Seriously, the kid can't win.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 11:38 AM)
This just goes back to holding professional athletes to some higher, near-impossible standard. And then people can complain when he doesn't reach that standard. Or complain when he's not open/honest enough. Seriously, the kid can't win.

Yeah, poor Derrick Rose. We should all feel sorry for the awful situation he is in.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 11:40 AM)
Yeah, poor Derrick Rose. We should all feel sorry for the awful situation he is in.

I don't feel sorry for him and his millions. I'm annoyed by the constant b****ing by the fans/media on the radio, internet and twitter.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 11:50 AM)
I don't feel sorry for him and his millions. I'm annoyed by the constant b****ing by the fans/media on the radio, internet and twitter.

To some extent, he is paid to put up with that stuff. That is why the guy is making $95 million over the course of the contract. There is a bigger burden put on to your star players. No one made him sign the contract.