2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 07:31 PM)
@MarkSchanowski: How about Thibs revealing Pau Gasol addressed the team following gut-wrenching loss to Dallas. That's what leadership is all about.

It cannot be understated what he has added

He had some great quotes after the game too. Big game with Noah / Rose getting finishing back to backs.

So Mirotic is playing extremely well and McDermott is a benchwarmer. I think we all said at the beginning of the season that if just one of the 2 turns into something valuable, then we'd be fine.

I really want to see McDermott succeed, but he really hasn't shown much outside of one or two games. But then again, someone who gets maybe 5-6 minutes a game will have a hard time truly showcasing his talent.

McDermott has been a dumpster fire on defense and is hitting 9% of uncontested 3s.

But it's early december. Players can get better just through practice, and lets remember that Bellinelli was a healthy scratch in games in december before he figured out how to play for thibs.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 10:47 AM)
So Mirotic is playing extremely well and McDermott is a benchwarmer. I think we all said at the beginning of the season that if just one of the 2 turns into something valuable, then we'd be fine.

I really want to see McDermott succeed, but he really hasn't shown much outside of one or two games. But then again, someone who gets maybe 5-6 minutes a game will have a hard time truly showcasing his talent.

To be fair, even though McDermott is old for being a rookie, we've seen rookies typically take their time when Thibs's system is thrown at them. Mirotic has a full year on him in age and has faced better competition before, plus the Bulls might well have been working with him for longer since they had his rights. Judge McDermott as a failure in 2-3 years, not now.

If the Bulls hadn't traded those picks for him (and assuming that "trading them for Melo wasn't an option) would whomever they drafted with them be getting much PT right now?

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 09:49 AM)
McDermott has been a dumpster fire on defense and is hitting 9% of uncontested 3s.

But it's early december. Players can get better just through practice, and lets remember that Bellinelli was a healthy scratch in games in december before he figured out how to play for thibs.

Yeah, he looks so lost out there defensively. The uncontested 3% is probably just nerves. He's probably too anxious out there.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 09:50 AM)
To be fair, even though McDermott is old for being a rookie, we've seen rookies typically take their time when Thibs's system is thrown at them. Mirotic has a full year on him in age and has faced better competition before, plus the Bulls might well have been working with him for longer since they had his rights. Judge McDermott as a failure in 2-3 years, not now.

If the Bulls hadn't traded those picks for him (and assuming that "trading them for Melo wasn't an option) would whomever they drafted with them be getting much PT right now?

I'm not bashing the pick at all or anything. I think we did give up a lot for him, but I still think he could be a good NBA player.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 09:47 AM)

He'll be fine.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 05:34 PM)
Im pretty sure McDermott is getting a redshirt year. It seemed to work out for Jimmy Butler pretty well

Yes...it's nice Jimmy Butler worked out because otherwise we only have snell and teague to point to (kind of unfair since Snell actually played a lot last year).

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 10:46 AM)
Yes...it's nice Jimmy Butler worked out because otherwise we only have snell and teague to point to (kind of unfair since Snell actually played a lot last year).

Asik and Bellinelli both werent allowed on the court until Thibs trusted them either. It comes down to that, if he trusts you, you play. McDermott hasnt earned it yet, Mirotic certainly has

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 05:50 PM)
Asik and Bellinelli both werent allowed on the court until Thibs trusted them either. It comes down to that, if he trusts you, you play. McDermott hasnt earned it yet, Mirotic certainly has

I feel like Asik actually played a lot that year.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 10:46 AM)

Butler and Mirotic were taken in the same draft. Really good picks. Bulls have a chance to do it again because they will probably have 2 1st rounders next year as well.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 11:07 AM)
I feel like Asik actually played a lot that year.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 11:09 AM)
He did, but not early in the season.

Yea, Thibs didnt really give him much rope until January.