2014-2015 NBA thread

Along with the most stacked frontcourt in the NBA, watching the Rose, Butler and Brooks backcourt rotation is legit giving me a woodie

A little credit to GarPax is way overdue here also, we sure love b****ing about them for their lack of big time signings but they quietly built probably the best team in the NBA.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 05:23 AM)
Seriously. The size of the offer Jimmy is going to get. Oh boy. He's so f***ing good. I can't. I just can't believe how lucky the Bulls got. Jimmy is a f***ing beast.

the bull salary next yr is going to be crazy. first the bulls need to sign Bulter, then

Noah and while they are at it, sign Tib's to a contract extension.

now what to do with 2 #1 next yr. i am a little confuse on how the bulls go the Sac

#1??

QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 12:44 AM)
Are the bulls the best team in the NBA when healthy?

In the East there's no doubt. A full-strength Spurs team is scary while the Warriors are a matchup nightmare for anyone.

I believe everything we're seeing now has to be taken with a grain of salt. Playoff basketball is different. It's nice to see that Thibs has taken the final necessary path of his development and realized that the foot doesn't need to be on the gas for 82 games in the regular season.

This is a great, great basketball team. Thibs still needs to make adjustments, I'd like for Jimmy and Pau's minutes to be monitored a bit more so we aren't without either come playoff time. Pau Gasol changes the dynamic of this roster and is essential - 35 minutes/game for a 34 year old 7 footer is a tad risky, imo. For comparison's sake, Pop had the Big Fundamental averaging 28 mpg in his age 34 season and sandwiched that with 31 and 28 respectively in the age 33 and 35 seasons.

Just food for thought.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 25, 2014 -> 08:10 PM)
Along with the most stacked frontcourt in the NBA, watching the Rose, Butler and Brooks backcourt rotation is legit giving me a woodie

A little credit to GarPax is way overdue here also, we sure love b****ing about them for their lack of big time signings but they quietly built probably the best team in the NBA.

It is crazy to think that not signing a superstar like Melo might have been the best thing to happen to them. We'll see if it lasts once it comes to playoff time, but I am enjoying the hell out of this team right now.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 09:11 AM)
In the East there's no doubt. A full-strength Spurs team is scary while the Warriors are a matchup nightmare for anyone.

I believe everything we're seeing now has to be taken with a grain of salt. Playoff basketball is different. It's nice to see that Thibs has taken the final necessary path of his development and realized that the foot doesn't need to be on the gas for 82 games in the regular season.

This is a great, great basketball team. Thibs still needs to make adjustments, I'd like for Jimmy and Pau's minutes to be monitored a bit more so we aren't without either come playoff time. Pau Gasol changes the dynamic of this roster and is essential - 35 minutes/game for a 34 year old 7 footer is a tad risky, imo. For comparison's sake, Pop had the Big Fundamental averaging 28 mpg in his age 34 season and sandwiched that with 31 and 28 respectively in the age 33 and 35 seasons.

Just food for thought.

Can't leave out a healthy Thunder team as well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 09:16 AM)
Can't leave out a healthy Thunder team as well.

God damn right. Westbrook is on another level this year. He's filthy. If KD can get his season straightened out, they're definitely insanely good.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 09:28 AM)
He could be starting on about 20 teams and easily average 18/8 at an efficient rate.

I think his rebounding has surprised me the most. Everything i read about him prior to this season was "soft, euro-style defense and rebounding". It has been anything but, he gets down and dirty and uses his size very well. He isnt perfect, but he is really fun to watch

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 09:45 AM)
I think his rebounding has surprised me the most. Everything i read about him prior to this season was "soft, euro-style defense and rebounding". It has been anything but, he gets down and dirty and uses his size very well. He isnt perfect, but he is really fun to watch

Everything his first week "confirmed" that. Remember first preseason game when Friedell was tweeting that Niko was raw as hell?

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 09:49 AM)
Everything his first week "confirmed" that. Remember first preseason game when Friedell was tweeting that Niko was raw as hell?

Friedell and Cowley both proclaimed that Niko would be getting a Thibs "redshirt" season. Both were very wrong

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 09:52 AM)
Friedell and Cowley both proclaimed that Niko would be getting a Thibs "redshirt" season. Both were very wrong

Part of that was injuries. I wonder how much he would have played with a healthy front line. There is no doubting that he has taken advantage of the injuries.

Every team I west is scary. Would you take Bulls in seven game series vs Blazers? They are usually kryptonite.

I'm just gonna enjoy. Last few years the entertainment was how this team could overcome everything to win each night. Now it is just great basketball. Their pace is so much more fun.

Last year Noah was our 2nd best offensive player. Now he's at least our sixth, taj has certainly surpassed him now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 09:56 AM)
Part of that was injuries. I wonder how much he would have played with a healthy front line. There is no doubting that he has taken advantage of the injuries.

I think he would have pushed his way in no matter what, the injuries just accelerated it. This guy is something special, all of his teammates keep saying it

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 10:58 AM)
Every team I west is scary. Would you take Bulls in seven game series vs Blazers? They are usually kryptonite.

I'm just gonna enjoy. Last few years the entertainment was how this team could overcome everything to win each night. Now it is just great basketball. Their pace is so much more fun.

Last year Noah was our 2nd best offensive player. Now he's at least our sixth, taj has certainly surpassed him now.

Right now no, but really impressive has been watching key guys finding their groove in December. Jimmy started off on fire, great, Taj missed a bit of time fine...but if you've watched Rose, Mitotic, and Noah over the last month, they're clearly a step up from where they were in November.

If they keep getting healthier and getting their games back, even if they miss some games for minor things, these guys could be an incredible force by March/April.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 10:03 AM)
I think he would have pushed his way in no matter what, the injuries just accelerated it. This guy is something special, all of his teammates keep saying it

Yeah, you can see the flashes. You see them more and more each night.