2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im not ashamed to say I made it to the 4th quarter right up until that ridiculous over the shoulder pass by Curry to Lee for the fastbreak dunk, turned off the tv and said "Nope. goodnight"

Nice to wake up to a win.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 01:33 AM)
ESPN Stats & Info @ESPNStatsInfo ·

Derrick Rose: 1st player in NBA history with at least 30 points, at least 10 turnovers, and 1 assist or fewer in a game (via @EliasSports)

You'd think that Kobe would have done it before.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 06:49 AM)
Im not ashamed to say I made it to the 4th quarter right up until that ridiculous over the shoulder pass by Curry to Lee for the fastbreak dunk, turned off the tv and said "Nope. goodnight"

I made it through the 1st quarter.

#old

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 01:49 PM)

ahhh being superstitious, maybe that is why the bulls won. :o

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 09:21 AM)
ahhh being superstitious, maybe that is why the bulls won. :o

The Warriors had won 19 in a row at home and are far and away the best team in the NBA at the moment, and the Bulls were missing Jimmy Buckets and Dunleavy. I was being realistic

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 09:09 PM)
Seems like refs are not whistling and this game is just flying by.

I'm not trying to jump on the hate Kirk bandwagon but it does seem he's taken a big step back this year.

Klay hit some extremely tough shots in the 4th quarter, but Hinrich played very good defense on him during the 2nd half. Early in the game, not so much, but he adjusted. I wonder if some of this is his legs still aren't fully under him from his last injury or what. That said, Hinrich has had stretches in his career where he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. He usually corrected it to the point where he wasn't totally brutal. This season its gotten bad but I still think he can play and is a valuable bench player (although not ideal to have situations where we have to start him).

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 10:04 PM)
K.C. Johnson @KCJHoop · 2h 2 hours ago

Noah has said this is best he has felt all season-as he did this morning-before but way he is moving defensively is backing it up some.

I was going to comment, this was the best I've seen Noah look all year.

First off, if you didn't just flat out enjoy this game, well, you aren't a basketball fan. That game was fun, exciting, etc. Had the feeling of a playoff game out there with both teams flying all over the place. The energy levels from both teams were crazy high and it was damn exciting.

Rose had about the oddest game you'll ever see. On one hand, he was extremely aggressive offensively and did a nice job getting points in the paint and didn't settle too much for the 3 (until late in the 4th where you could tell his legs were getting tired). Defensively Rose was sick. It is what this team has missed all year, imo. When Rose plays D, he is a well above average PG defender and it is critical cause it makes everything else easier. Passing though, I cringe all the time with Rose. He does so many things that are fundamental no-no's and they lead to cookie turnovers and way too many. However, I think we are seeing more of them cause now he's bringing his game to a quicker level, higher energy, etc, and that means he's getting caught in more positions where he hasn't really gotten enough practice and still has a lot of rust.

Noah played huge tonight. Was running the court better than I have seen all year and much more active on the glass. Whole team was active on the glass (yes they gave up that tip in). Some huge shots late and big stones keeping in the game despite Golden State going on a few different runs.

Klay is the best 2 in the league. Dude is insane. He hit some extremely difficult and clutch shots in the 4th. Damn that was fun.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 08:45 AM)
Ha.

I'm being seirous. Jordan had to love that game. His Bulls vs. the Warriors, who are one of the funnest teams to watch play. Tempo of the game, everything about the game was fun...better yet, we got the W at the end!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 10:55 AM)
I'm being seirous. Jordan had to love that game. His Bulls vs. the Warriors, who are one of the funnest teams to watch play. Tempo of the game, everything about the game was fun...better yet, we got the W at the end!

Im being just as serious. J4L doesnt issue praise to the bulls very often, good game or not. Plus he annointed Curry and Thompson the best ever recently, so i dont think he is gonna come in here and admit that Kirk Hinrich had a good defensive game against Klay Thompson.

Not without a random 90s Knicks reference, at least

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 10:55 AM)

I'll step in for him:

"Why would I waste my time watching either team play a regular season game when at the end of the year Bron Bron will get another trophy?"

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 10:14 AM)
If I take his line, on espn's box score and add up the first number in every column...I get 16.

5pts

1 TO

2 PF

2 Steals

1 Asst

2 Rebounds

1 3PM

2 FGM

BOOM!

Uncanny. The person came up with the 16 +/- almost has to be discerned genius. Sikeeeee

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 10:25 AM)
First off, if you didn't just flat out enjoy this game, well, you aren't a basketball fan. That game was fun, exciting, etc. Had the feeling of a playoff game out there with both teams flying all over the place. The energy levels from both teams were crazy high and it was damn exciting.

Rose had about the oddest game you'll ever see. On one hand, he was extremely aggressive offensively and did a nice job getting points in the paint and didn't settle too much for the 3 (until late in the 4th where you could tell his legs were getting tired). Defensively Rose was sick. It is what this team has missed all year, imo. When Rose plays D, he is a well above average PG defender and it is critical cause it makes everything else easier. Passing though, I cringe all the time with Rose. He does so many things that are fundamental no-no's and they lead to cookie turnovers and way too many. However, I think we are seeing more of them cause now he's bringing his game to a quicker level, higher energy, etc, and that means he's getting caught in more positions where he hasn't really gotten enough practice and still has a lot of rust.

Noah played huge tonight. Was running the court better than I have seen all year and much more active on the glass. Whole team was active on the glass (yes they gave up that tip in). Some huge shots late and big stones keeping in the game despite Golden State going on a few different runs.

Klay is the best 2 in the league. Dude is insane. He hit some extremely difficult and clutch shots in the 4th. Damn that was fun.

The game, especially in the 4th quarter, had the feel of a heavyweight boxing match. Both teams put their best on the line and was trading punches back and forth. Warriors wanted to prove that they are as good as advertised and are unbeatable at home. Bulls wanted to prove that they still belong in the conversation of championship contenders. Definitely an enjoyable game to watch, outside of iffy officiating.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 08:58 AM)
I was very, very entertained. The noises I made when Hinrich hit the three and when Rose hit the jumper in Thompson's face made me happy I was alone.

I woke up my pregnant wife quite a few times. Thankfully she was patient with me, when she woke up this morning she looked at me as I was getting ready and was like, so did the Bulls win or lose. I couldn't tell based upon your reactions, haha.

This is yesterday news, but thought it was post worthy.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=12238852

Bulls have a history of launching smear campaigns against coaches.

Ron Adams earlier this year said he had a verbal confrontation with the Bulls front office.

Ron Adams is loved by Golden State. He's been loved everywhere he's went. He's not the kind of guy who fights with FO.

Thibs noise never stops. They could be 50-0 & there is always noise about conflict. There's a real issue behind the scenes.

Jennifer Swanson is a big part of the conflict. Physical therapy performance person that the Bulls front office hired.

Front office relies on her heavily & that's making Thibs very uncomfortable.

She's telling management & Thibs how many minutes guys need to play & that's leading to an internal conflict.

Front office & Swanson don't trust Thibs to manage minutes & it's starting to become a problem.

Real mistrust between Thibs & front office. Guys are beginning to choose sides within the team, media & front office.

Really, since Rose made those comments, he's played much more intense and aggressive (both offensively and defensively). I hope the team has seen this and we are seeing more intense practices, etc. I also hope that the team doesn't look at today and go, see, we can turn on the energy when we want to and beat the best. Biggest thing that I saw was Noah looking healthier. That would be huge for this squad.

I'm starting to get on Jordan's bandwagon. This is an extremely great era of basketball we are watching right now. There was a lull after Jordan retired, but right now you have some crafty old stars like Wade / Kobe / Dirk / Duncan and than of course you have the young guys and just the insane west, etc. I've had quite a few games that I've watched this season (non Bulls) where I've been on my seat in excitement and there was a run of 6 or 7 years where that rarely happened (outside of a Sacremento Kings / Portland Trail Blazers vs. Laker late 90 / early to mid 2000's).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 11:13 AM)
This is yesterday news, but thought it was post worthy.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=12238852

I think it's all a bunch of nonsense. I think it's the obvious stuff - Thibs wants control of minutes and demands a lot from players, the front office wants him to relax and be more like Pop. That's some basic, fundamental disagreements about how to run a team that is going to cause some division in the organization.

Any notion though that the Bulls want Thibs out is, IMO, a media-driven story and nothing more.

Edited by Jenksismybitch