2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 09:26 AM)
I watched him tear up NWI while he was at East Chicago. He is a solid back up PG in the NBA.

I am on team moore. I think with extended minutes we'll see his limitations, but our guards are so turnover prone and moore is not. He has also been a pretty great 1-on-1 defender, also 4 inches taller than Brooks.

All that seems to indicate we can replace more hinrich, but he has been even better at saving Brooks when he gets too erratic.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 09:30 AM)
For the life of me, I can't figure this Bulls team out.

In a weird way, Thib's system's maximizes the value of most any players on the floor. No matter who he puts out there, they can win games.

In some other weird way, this team is better when playing as underdogs with its back against the wall. When they had as much talent as they did a month ago and were expected to win games, they were embarrassed big time.

It's weird, but that's how I feel about Thib's teams.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 04:56 PM)
In a weird way, Thib's system's maximizes the value of most any players on the floor. No matter who he puts out there, they can win games.

In some other weird way, this team is better when playing as underdogs with its back against the wall. When they had as much talent as they did a month ago and were expected to win games, they were embarrassed big time.

It's weird, but that's how I feel about Thib's teams.

i was somewhat thinking that while catching up today. is it me, but does this team preform better when the superstars are not playing???

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 11:10 AM)
i was somewhat thinking that while catching up today. is it me, but does this team preform better when the superstars are not playing???

As I said earlier, replacement players often outperform expectations when starters are out, so it gives the perception that we can win without our best players.

I think Thib's teams win with effort as much as talent, especially on defense and rebounding. When we are the favorites or when we're playing ahead, guys get complacent and start coasting. We lose the advantage in the effort department. It's a bit frustrating at times, but I think it's true.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 11:23 AM)
As I said earlier, replacement players often outperform expectations when starters are out, so it gives the perception that we can win without our best players.

I think Thib's teams win with effort as much as talent, especially on defense and rebounding. When we are the favorites or when we're playing ahead, guys get complacent and start coasting. We lose the advantage in the effort department. It's a bit frustrating at times, but I think it's true.

I also think this was a "this year" thing re: coasting. Also - team started looking good on defense when Noah turned a corner in february, and MDJ came back. Noah is a force right now, he was not good in nov-jan (shocking).

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 05:23 PM)

many thanks, for your observation.

it kind of reminds me of a mike keenan kind of a team, and keenan keeping pressuring his players to not loose that atention and continuing to press his players.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 11:59 AM)
Adrian Wojnarowski just said that he doesn't think the front office would keep Thibs around even if they won a Championship.

This is the dumbest thing I ever heard. The selfishness and ego's that are going around the Bulls organization is an outright joke. The whole point that all of you are there is to win championships and you still don't think you could stand working together even after a championship? They are all acting like little b****es.

QUOTE (shipps @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 07:17 PM)
This is the dumbest thing I ever heard. The selfishness and ego's that are going around the Bulls organization is an outright joke. The whole point that all of you are there is to win championships and you still don't think you could stand working together even after a championship? They are all acting like little b****es.

this is the dumbest thing the bulls under this current ownership has done. that is to the best of my memory will take me.

1 question, before Thib's, how long and how many errors did the bulls went thru, before they found a good coach?????

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 01:59 PM)
this is the dumbest thing the bulls under this current ownership has done. that is to the best of my memory will take me.

1 question, before Thib's, how long and how many errors did the bulls went thru, before they found a good coach?????

1 error. For the past decade+ they're alternating between horrible mistakes and solid hires. Scott Skiles was a solid hire following up Bill Cartwright. Skiles wore down the team and they contracted VDN. After being cured of VDN, they hired Thibs.

Next hire = expected to be awful.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 01:25 PM)
I know it won't happen, but he has a nice mix of offensive and defensive skill, unlike Brooks (offense only) and Hinrich (neither at this point in his career).

Kirk is awesome at dribbling the ball around the perimeter, THAT HAS VALUE!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 08:02 PM)
1 error. For the past decade+ they're alternating between horrible mistakes and solid hires. Scott Skiles was a solid hire following up Bill Cartwright. Skiles wore down the team and they contracted VDN. After being cured of VDN, they hired Thibs.

Next hire = expected to be awful.

i forgot about skiles and in a way, i thought he was a mistake. but i am prob wrong. i was also thinking about that college coach, krause's friend who coach. he was a complete joke.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 04:55 PM)
i forgot about skiles and in a way, i thought he was a mistake. but i am prob wrong. i was also thinking about that college coach, krause's friend who coach. he was a complete joke.

the great Tim Floyd

FWIW, VDN was a horrid in game coach, but looking back, he does pretty well developing players, especially young teams. I think there are worse coaches. It's not like Doc Rivers took over the clippers and they became much different.

but the real point is, it would be a huge mistake to fire Thib's. the bulls went thru a dry period until Thib's came onboard. he is a very good coach. get rid of Gar.

btw, isn't there a college coach that someone from the bulls FO's likes??

I think some of what you see with the reserves is guys executing a really good gameplan. When you have super talented guys, you often will have a harder time getting them to do what you ask of them. To some extent, being a good NBA coach is about having loose enough schemes to keep the free birds happy without them leaving your "cage."