2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:47 PM)
1) AHAHAHAHAH SUCK IT WADE

2) Bosh to Houston is likely done.

3) Melo, only way you compete now is going to Chicago.

4) f*** Wade.

5) LeBron is still a person I'll always remember as a guy that bails ship when going gets rough.

6) Cavs bring back the LeBron era jerseys over this ghetto bulls***.

So Melo bailing on NY is ok but LBJ is bad...

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:38 PM)
I still don't buy Love signing in Cleveland long term.

FWIW he did say he'd sign long term if Lebron was there.

RealGM ‏@RealGM 8m

Broussard: Cavs offer Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett, first round pick to Wolves for Kevin Love.

Don't think I'd do that if I was the Wolves....They have to demand Wiggins.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:25 PM)
I hate this hack more than marriotti or the whole world:

Source confirms? Really?

Lol, his source was si.com

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:49 PM)
So Melo bailing on NY is ok but LBJ is bad...

I really don't like LeBron.

But The Decision and now this. The whole "not 1, not 2, not 3". Since it stopped at two he jumped ship again.

Yes, it's great that he's going home. But if they hadn't gotten 3 of the last 4 number one picks, would he be going home? Nah.

Also, Wade has insulted the Bulls organization and their loyalty in the past. 0 chance he's in a Bulls uniform.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:50 PM)
FWIW he did say he'd sign long term if Lebron was there.

Don't think I'd do that if I was the Wolves....They have to demand Wiggins.

No way. The first round pick is weak sauce and the other 2 are a #1 overall bust and a guy they wanted to get rid of before LeBron became a real possibility.

I agree. Wiggins gets it done if I am Minnesota. The Cavs can keep their crap.

Edited by Dick Allen

I don't know if the absurdity of the LBJ situation has clouded my judgment, but my gut is telling me Melo to Chi-town for the first time in this process. It's not a Colbert-esque gut feeling, but there's a tingle alright

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:54 PM)
No way. The first round pick is weak sauce and the other 2 are a #1 overall bust and a guy they wanted to get rid of before LeBron became a real possibility.

I agree. Wiggins gets it done if I am Minnesota. The Cavs can keep their crap.

Agree Wiggins has to be included.

I think Cleveland has Miamis pick next year if they want from the lebron trade circa 2010. That'll be worth something now.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:55 PM)
I don't know if the absurdity of the LBJ situation has clouded my judgment, but my gut is telling me Melo to Chi-town for the first time in this process. It's not a Colbert-esque gut feeling, but there's a tingle alright

Well with Miami dead. Chicago would be a pretty nice option now.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:54 PM)
I really don't like LeBron.

But The Decision and now this. The whole "not 1, not 2, not 3". Since it stopped at two he jumped ship again.

Yes, it's great that he's going home. But if they hadn't gotten 3 of the last 4 number one picks, would he be going home? Nah.

Also, Wade has insulted the Bulls organization and their loyalty in the past. 0 chance he's in a Bulls uniform.

??

Is that statement just based of him staying in Miami?

As far as using Boozer for a sign and trade. How does it work if Boozer is amnestied and another team picks him up at a reduced rate? If it still is counted as an expiring contract, Phil really doesn't have much motivation other than to do the Bulls and Melo a solid, which makes no competitive sense, if he can just pay Boozer a good sum at the amnesty auction, still have it expiring on his books but Melo would have to take less, and the Bulls would have fewer tools to work with. It's not like the Bulls adding Melo is going to make future draft picks very attractive. So unless they are including pieces like Mirotic or McBuckets, why do it? When is Butler's contract up? He's going to get paid. I don't know if Phil would really want that either.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:58 PM)
Agree Wiggins has to be included.

I think Cleveland has Miamis pick next year if they want from the lebron trade circa 2010. That'll be worth something now.

Wow. I didn't know that. The double whammy. Not only does he leave and make you suck, but he gets your draft pick as well. Well played LeBron.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 01:03 PM)
No, it's a statement off him saying they have questionable loyalty, which matters to him so much.

Loyalty is the most important thing to Wade. Followed by making "WTF" faces at refs, and then tiny leather purses.

Rumor: We're looking to finalize the works with a 3rd team right now to present to Melo. Knicks have obviously not joined in the discussions, but the feeling is that if Melo commits, they can get the Knicks on board with the sign and trade. Just need to keep working with that 3rd team.

Other rumors from well repped insiders on real gm indicating Bulls FO confident. We shall see what happens. My faith has not wavered!

Rumor #3: Bulls have talked to the Jazz, Sixers and Bucks from what I heard.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 01:03 PM)
No, it's a statement off him saying they have questionable loyalty, which matters to him so much.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-05...ade-free-agents

Gotcha, didn't remember that.

Well much like Lebron was a "villain" in Cleveland before today, all would be forgotten if he comes over at a reasonable price.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:02 PM)
As far as using Boozer for a sign and trade. How does it work if Boozer is amnestied and another team picks him up at a reduced rate? If it still is counted as an expiring contract, Phil really doesn't have much motivation other than to do the Bulls and Melo a solid, which makes no competitive sense, if he can just pay Boozer a good sum at the amnesty auction, still have it expiring on his books but Melo would have to take less, and the Bulls would have fewer tools to work with. It's not like the Bulls adding Melo is going to make future draft picks very attractive. So unless they are including pieces like Mirotic or McBuckets, why do it? When is Butler's contract up? He's going to get paid. I don't know if Phil would really want that either.

If Boozer is Amnesthetized, his contract does not count at all against the salary cap for this year. He could not be used in a sign and trade at all. The Bulls would pay him whatever on his contract is not picked up by another team and that would be the end of it. There is no way to do both an amnesty and a sign and trade.

James leaves Cavs, they suck get all the picks and build something and then poof they have everything they need to rebuild a team around James.

Pure genius how it worked out.

This is similar to what folks thought the Bulls should have done the last two years (i.e. tank) with Rose out.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 01:08 PM)
If Boozer is Amnesthetized, his contract does not count at all against the salary cap for this year. He could not be used in a sign and trade at all. The Bulls would pay him whatever on his contract is not picked up by another team and that would be the end of it. There is no way to do both an amnesty and a sign and trade.

U R correct sir!