2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 01:24 PM)
To me the only motivation picking up Boozer at full price is what comes back with him. You have to figure he is at least $10 million overpriced at this point, if not more.

Boozer's only value to me is his expiring contract at this point.

Edited by Soxfest

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 01:24 PM)
How?

He comes in whenever Melo sits because the Bulls desperately need scoring. He backs up Rose at PG. He can play for Jimmy whenever LeBron is not On The opponents side.

That's ignoring money and him not wanting to be a sixth.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 11:08 AM)
If Boozer is Amnesthetized, his contract does not count at all against the salary cap for this year. He could not be used in a sign and trade at all. The Bulls would pay him whatever on his contract is not picked up by another team and that would be the end of it. There is no way to do both an amnesty and a sign and trade.

I always see this and think anesthetized

I was wondering how long it would take the Wade to Chicago rumors to start after LBJ made his decision. I was just imagining the scenario while at the gym. Even though I dislike Wade, if he were to become a Bull, obviously I'd pull for him. I think he would fit well if we managed his minutes appropriately.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 01:44 PM)
My only fear is Melo decides to stay with the Knicks just after all the Bulls other options dry up.

Actually wouldnt be the worst case scenario, give Rose a year to play and see how this team works, then take another swing before trade deadline or next year.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 01:48 PM)
Actually wouldnt be the worst case scenario, give Rose a year to play and see how this team works, then take another swing before trade deadline or next year.

As long as Rose stays healthy, they should be really fun to watch, but getting one more piece could be really special. Whether that is available near the deadline or next year with contracts situations, I do not know. Like when they had to spend the Boozer money in 2010. If they didn't spend it then, they weren't going to be able to the next year, at least not that much. I'm not sure of next year's available money.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:48 PM)

The Bulls will have far fewer traceable assets then thanks to Boozer's contract being removed.