2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:15 PM)
Where's LeBetard crying and sweating?

GIVE IT TO ME AGAIN...

MIAMI, WELCOME TO ANOTHER DECADE OF IRRELEVANCE.

RUN THE POINT NIGHT, WHERE A HEAT FAN CAN RUN THE POINT BECAUSE THE HEAT DON'T HAVE ANYONE ELSE!

PAT RILEY GOT NONE OF THEM, BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WANT THEIR CONTRACTS DISCOUNTED!

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:09 PM)
#2015plan

#2016plan

#2017plan

#2018plan

#2019plan

Sometimes not buying something is the best plan.

I dont have a crystal ball so I cant predict the future, but none of the players outside of Melo really are exciting. I guess maybe see if you can get Peirce on a 1 year deal, but im not sure the chances of that happening. Getting Gasol and paying him for 3-4 years is a huge mistake, and I dont really think Stephenson would be good for the Bulls.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:18 PM)
Sometimes not buying something is the best plan.

I dont have a crystal ball so I cant predict the future, but none of the players outside of Melo really are exciting. I guess maybe see if you can get Peirce on a 1 year deal, but im not sure the chances of that happening. Getting Gasol and paying him for 3-4 years is a huge mistake, and I dont really think Stephenson would be good for the Bulls.

But this is different. Buying Boozer, as much as it didn't work out, didn't prevent them from spending in future years. It was money that wasn't going to be available in the future. With Butler due a raise, this team will be cap hostage fairly soon. They don't have 2 or 3 years to spend the money that is available now.

Cleveland 4/1 now to win title. Aaron Goldhammer on ESPN now for ESPN radio Cleveland said he cried for first time on air today. The guy is from Denver over the top 101 today.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:30 PM)
I'm listening to his show now. Lebatards a great radio host Iif you've never tuned in. He's cool and collected. He'sbeen destroying espn too for how they've handled everything.

He is on ESPN now.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:16 PM)
has Broussard made any appearances yet? It will be interesting to see him stumble and bumble

Lets just wait until Melo finally announces he's headed to Chicago and joining the Bulls!

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:23 PM)
But this is different. Buying Boozer, as much as it didn't work out, didn't prevent them from spending in future years. It was money that wasn't going to be available in the future. With Butler due a raise, this team will be cap hostage fairly soon. They don't have 2 or 3 years to spend the money that is available now.

I believe the Bulls could be in the position that Houston is right now with Parsons. As a RFA they can go over the cap to match an offer IF that's something they wanna do.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:43 PM)
I believe the Bulls could be in the position that Houston is right now with Parsons. As a RFA they can go over the cap to match an offer IF that's something they wanna do.

This is why keeping Gibson is huge. If we have to trade Gibson and Mirotic doesn't come over or pan out, we'd be without a power forward. When we have to give big money to Jimmy next year, we won't have any space or the MLE to spend on a second big man.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:45 PM)
I believe its the Lebron sign and trade that gave Cleveland this pick.

It would be interesting to see the protections on that pick, oh boy

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 03:43 PM)

Sets up for a lot of things to potentially go wrong though. First that means you can't extend Butler this year which he might not like. Second it sets up the possibility of a poison pill contract forcing the Bulls to lose Butler. Third, it requires the Bulls to still have cap space after Butler's cap hold as an RFA. Finally, it requires there to be someone available on the market next year to go after as a FA. Oh and for a full max deal the cap would need to reach somewhere in the range of $68 million.