2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 12, 2014 -> 12:37 PM)
I kind of hate that Seattle's best chance is over.

you were fooling yourself if you actually believed that the NBA would allow the Clippers to leave LA. Red headed stepchild of LA or not, they are in LA, the NBA loves that.

I think eventually Seattle gets a franchise back, by expansion or moving.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 12, 2014 -> 06:56 PM)
you were fooling yourself if you actually believed that the NBA would allow the Clippers to leave LA. Red headed stepchild of LA or not, they are in LA, the NBA loves that.

I think eventually Seattle gets a franchise back, by expansion or moving.

I didn't think Clippers were moving, but for past 5 years Ballmer has been the potential owner to bring back team to seattle. Now he's tied to a team in LA and got the team by agreeing to stay.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 12, 2014 -> 02:57 PM)
I didn't think Clippers were moving, but for past 5 years Ballmer has been the potential owner to bring back team to seattle. Now he's tied to a team in LA and got the team by agreeing to stay.

Seattle could always hit up Gates

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 12, 2014 -> 04:30 PM)

Really, aside from the lack of a top flight star does that really seem that bad if you go 1-32? How does it compare to other years on something like a "total wins" number? You've got guys like Butler, Leonard, and Thompson coming in fairly late who are pretty solid contributors.

Eh, yeah. Even when you go look at 2002 which was baad, you can rationalize the few solid players. This looks better than that but that bad reaaally was bad there. I don't even see many of those staying in the league much past this year.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 16, 2014 -> 08:19 AM)
Ugh...guess Marion is officially out. Did we even call him?

Make sure he goes to the Cavs, bulls. Ugh.

Can Marion even play the 2? I think the Bulls are happy with Dunleavy, who's a good player, and they obviously must really like McDermott. Not Sure Marion fits on this team.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 10:44 PM)
A friend of mine, who is friends with E'twaun Moore, said Moore told him he'll be signing with the Bulls.

Think he's a quality 13th man.

Rose-Hinrich-Brooks

Butler-Snell-Moore

MJD-DMD

Taj-Niko-Bairstow

Noah-Pau

I like Moore as a 13th man. If we can sign one more big like Brand we'd be set.