2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 27, 2014 -> 07:40 PM)
Whatever. Give me freakish athleticism with upside over grindy, try-hard all day, everyday. If Lavine was a Bull instead of Doug McGrindy, folks would be singing a differebt tune.

You're not wrong here. In fact I think I posted before the draft I think he'd bust but I'd rather take a chance on him than Mcbuckets.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 27, 2014 -> 07:40 PM)
Whatever. Give me freakish athleticism with upside over grindy, try-hard all day, everyday. If Lavine was a Bull instead of Doug McGrindy, folks would be singing a differebt tune.

Because the Tyrus Thomas and James Johnson experiences were so positive by Bulls fans...

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 01:40 AM)

Well yes, I would. I have to, at this point, bury all bulls anxieties deeper and deeper, never to rise to the surface.

Have anything to do with his shooting form? It should not. If rust is holding him back, it shouldn't impact something he's worked on for the past 2 years.

This is just something I will believe it when I see it, right now it just sounds like one of those Rose talk with confidence thing.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 10:40 AM)
It wasn't too bad. I'm sure he could have gotten away with some half - assed apology letter. I think he just wants to cash in now.

They probably had a general "Shut the **** up" message go out to the NBA owners after the Clippers mess so their tolerance for this is probably pretty low right now.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 09:37 AM)
So, anyone else read that Atlanta Hawks e-mail? I'm not really sure what's so racist about it... I wonder if he/the ownership group was more worried that he would piss off white fans in Atlanta?

I think he was ok until he got into the fathers and sons thing, and then complained about the hip hop and intros and such. I mean, come on, its atlanta.

In the end he was brainstorming ideas for increasing revenue and the letter couldnt have had worse timing if he tried

Oh i'm sure that's the case (both the wanting to cash out and the zero tolerance). But I also think it's pretty s***ty of the NBA to come out and be so against this, as if it's even close to the Sterling stuff.

The guy was telling the team he wanted more diversity at the games. How is that a bad thing?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 10:07 AM)
Yeah, he saw that $2 billion price tag on the Clippers. Wasn't his letter a year or two old anyway?

Yeah, 2012.

He must have a clause about not selling the team unless forced to do so. This is the weirdest way to start the sale of a team you could come up with.

Also great timing by the NBA. Press releases about basketball on the opening day of football. 5% of people care.