2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also apparently Rose is really pumped because he figured out what was wrong with his shot.

Pretty disappointing he has been by far the worst player on team USA. But I'm really glad he's getting game conditioning in. It's so hard to deal with seeing someone come back like this, but I'm trying to get in the mindset that he may not be a good offensive piece well thru the year

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 10:13 AM)
Well if the bulls are said to be interested, that sounds like a pretty good signal he'll sign elsewhere.

Ray Allen would probably start on the Bulls and get 25-30 minutes a game. I'm not sure he'd get anywhere close to that in Cleveland.

Maybe he wants that, maybe he doesn't. I don't know. All I know is that I'd love to have Ray Allen on the Bulls.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 10:15 AM)
Also apparently Rose is really pumped because he figured out what was wrong with his shot.

Pretty disappointing he has been by far the worst player on team USA. But I'm really glad he's getting game conditioning in. It's so hard to deal with seeing someone come back like this, but I'm trying to get in the mindset that he may not be a good offensive piece well thru the year

In a little bit of fairness to Rose, he's not getting 20-25 shots a game to work out the kinks. He's being a distributor first, shooter second.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 10:15 AM)

I'm not worried about Rose, if he is healthy. On the floor, he is one of the toughest players mentally in the NBA. Getting these reps in for him at a level under NBA pace, is a good thing. This will only accelerate his recovery process when it becomes the real season.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 10:11 AM)
Yeah, 2012.

He must have a clause about not selling the team unless forced to do so. This is the weirdest way to start the sale of a team you could come up with.

Also great timing by the NBA. Press releases about basketball on the opening day of football. 5% of people care.

You're right it is weird. But hey, as disgusting as the situation was, the nonstop headlines everywhere only could have helped upped the value of the Clippers.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 12:38 PM)
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 4h

ESPN sources say that the player referred to in the initial Hawks' background report that triggered the ensuing investigation was Luol Deng

“He's a good guy overall. But he's not perfect. He's got some African in him. And I don't say that in a bad way."

He's got some African in him? What's that even supposed to mean?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 09:37 AM)
So, anyone else read that Atlanta Hawks e-mail? I'm not really sure what's so racist about it... I wonder if he/the ownership group was more worried that he would piss off white fans in Atlanta?

It really wasn't that racist - actually it was kind of the opposite and more pissed off at the southern racists in Atlanta.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 03:32 PM)
Not sure, since you know, he's from Sudan.

I mean I know he's originally from Africa, but what's the point of even bringing something like that up? Especially if you're a GM in the NBA.

So stupid. I feel like it's way worse than what the Hawks owner said.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (shysocks @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 12:38 PM)
On a lighter note, the Bulls make the top 5 of Zach Lowe's NBA court design power rankings. He says "a lot of people would put this at no. 1, and that’s fine."

Gotta say, that new Hornets design at number 3 looks really slick.

I've just always loved the Hornets color scheme, hard to mess up. That does look pretty awesome though.

Luol Deng Responds To Hawks GM Danny Ferry's "African" Remark

"HE HAS A LITTLE AFRICAN IN HIM"

These words were recently used to describe me. It would ordinarily make any African parent proud to hear their child recognized for their heritage.

I'm proud to say I actually have a lot of African in me, not just "a little". For my entire life, my identity has been a source of pride and strength. Among my family and friends, in my country of South Sudan and across the broader continent of Africa, I can think of no greater privilege than to do what I love for a living while also representing my heritage on the highest stage. Unfortunately, the comment about my heritage was not made with the same respect and appreciation.

Concerning my free agency, the focus should purely have been on my professionalism and my ability as an athlete. Every person should have the right to be treated with respect and evaluated as an individual, rather than be reduced to a stereotype. I am saddened and disappointed that this way of thinking still exists today. I am even more disturbed that it was shared so freely in a business setting.

However, there is comfort in knowing that there are people who aren't comfortable with it and have the courage to speak up. In the same way a generalization should not define a group of people, the attitude of a few should not define a whole organization or league.

Ultimately, I'm thankful to be with an organization that appreciates me for who I am and has gone out of its way to make me feel welcome.