2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 12:51 PM)
So how stupid would Morey be to trade Harden for Melo straight up?

I don't even think Melo's that much better than Harden, if at all.

Read the other posts; They are only making that trade if Lebron and Melo are a package deal coming to Houston. They won't make it before then (unless of course that is something Melo wants).

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 12:55 PM)
Pretty much. But what if he pulls the deal off and then LeBron decides he's better off elsewhere?

Plus, if you're LeBron, do you seriously think Melo's a better option than Harden?

Harden's younger and he's a better long-range shooter. Plus he's a natural 2, unlike Carmelo, who's a 3.

Ok...let me explain things a little clearer. First, no trade for Melo can be made right now...None. 2nd, the only way they are making that trade is if Lebron and Melo have both told the Rockets they want to go there and verbally agreed. That is it. The Rockets are just making sure they have scenarios lined up if those options do come to fruition. It is smart.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 12:53 PM)
He had 8 games where he scored double digits in his final 28 games. He was dreadful.

Athleticism is through the roof, but again, how many uber athletes did the Spurs have?

Defensively he's going to be elite. You talk about scoring but Thibbs will find a way to use him and be more patient with his development due to his defensive prowess. Offensively his game is a work in process, with a lot of upside. Spurs did have some pretty darn good athletes. Park / Leonard are both great athletes and Duncan is no slouch (just the best 4 to ever play the game).

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 02:30 PM)
Look at the Lakers. That's what we'd be. A team with an expensive oft-injured "star", an aging and broken Gasol (Noah if we had tanked), and a whole lotta garbage around em.

But hey! The #7 pick! So excited are they they are trying to turn that into Klay Thompson.

WTF are you talking about? Why would Noah suddenly be broken? It's tanking, not literally hurting yourselves on purpose. We'd be NOTHING like the Lakers.

Here's what the Bulls would be: the exact-f***ing same as they are today but a pick 5-18 spots higher.

Look at the East this year. For the bulls to have been Celts level, Noah would have had to be injured or terrible.

DJ Augustin - Butler - MDJ - Boozer - Gibson

That was the only way to 25 wins or less.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 04:56 PM)
Look at the East this year. For the bulls to have been Celts level, Noah would have had to be injured or terrible.

That probably still wins well over 25.

Alright, who has some bold predictions for this years class?

Here are a few I have:

1) Wiggins will be a bust. Not an out-of-the-league-in-three-years kinda bust, but not an all-star quality player either. I watched a fair amount of Kansas games and except for the clearly apparent athletic ability, he never really blew me away with his basketball skills. I also have no faith in any of the top three teams to develop him.

2) Randle ends up being one of the top 2-3 NBA players out of this draft. Not sure he'll be a perennial all-star, but up to that level and a steady contributor.

3) McDermott becomes a quality NBA player. Not all-star level, but not a bench warmer either. Definitely not Adam Morrison/Jimmer 2.0

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 03:56 PM)

You hold him out games here or there. He doesn't have to be injured. It could have been done, they choice to compete and play a ton of minutes with key guys. It was dumb.

Hilarious that people lump together white players like that.

I wanted McDermott because I think he could very much be Kyle Korver. Though Korver's shot block levels are better than anything McDermott could hope for.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 04:06 PM)

I wanted McDermott because I think he could very much be Kyle Korver. Though Korver's shot block levels are better than anything McDermott could hope for.

McDermott can't get a shot off like Korver, slower and lower release.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 04:07 PM)
McDermott can't get a shot off like Korver, slower and lower release.

But much more versatile on offense. I think he'd be a tough match up. Can post up smaller guys. Nothing great but I'd love him at 16.

I guess I don't have too many out there predictions but:

Wiggins is by far and away the best player in this draft.

Stauskas becomes Klay Thompson 2.0

Aaron Gordon is a bust.

James Young and Rodney Hood are two of the better players in this draft outside the top 7 or so.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 04:06 PM)

Well, it's white guys but also guys that play in a crappy conference for most of their careers to put up big offensive numbers.

Bilas had a stat last night that 70% of McDermott's shots in college were contested. He has no problem finding his own shot, which is why I think he'll excel in the NBA and the pick and pop game.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 04:08 PM)
But much more versatile on offense. I think he'd be a tough match up. Can post up smaller guys.

Absolutely. As I've said before I still don't really no where I stand on McDermott as an NBA player. I think he's going to have a hard time getting jump shots off but he also can post people up and he's just one of the smarter scorers I've ever seen. I just don't think he's going to be the Dunleavy or Korver type of player that some people are pigeonholing him to be.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 09:22 PM)
Here's what I'll say about Embiid - I think there's a disturbingly high bust potential, but I'd still endorse the Bulls giving their left nut to draft him

Agreed, if this sacramento #8 trade happens and he's there, you take him.

but I'm guessing sac trades soon to another team that actually completes the deals they are rumored in.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 02:04 PM)
Alright, who has some bold predictions for this years class?

Here are a few I have:

1) Wiggins will be a bust. Not an out-of-the-league-in-three-years kinda bust, but not an all-star quality player either. I watched a fair amount of Kansas games and except for the clearly apparent athletic ability, he never really blew me away with his basketball skills. I also have no faith in any of the top three teams to develop him.

2) Randle ends up being one of the top 2-3 NBA players out of this draft. Not sure he'll be a perennial all-star, but up to that level and a steady contributor.

3) McDermott becomes a quality NBA player. Not all-star level, but not a bench warmer either. Definitely not Adam Morrison/Jimmer 2.0

So you want the Bulls to tank but then talk about how Wiggins would be a bust, etc. Not sure I'm really following this.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 09:13 PM)
Absolutely. As I've said before I still don't really no where I stand on McDermott as an NBA player. I think he's going to have a hard time getting jump shots off but he also can post people up and he's just one of the smarter scorers I've ever seen. I just don't think he's going to be the Dunleavy or Korver type of player that some people are pigeonholing him to be.

I actually think very highly of him. If I remember MDJ's early career, he struggled getting shots off as well.

But considering the finals we just saw, at the least you'll have a 6'8 guy with a 37" vertical who can drain it from 3 point land.

He could be much better than that, but college post games sometimes take a while to develop against the much stronger post players in the NBA.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 11:34 PM)
If Jabari ends up being so great, we just sign him away from the Bucks / Cavs when he becomes a FA.

I can already see Paxson and Gar keeping flexibility for 2019 plan.