2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 09:27 PM)
?? He followed his normal minute pattern tonight.

He came out with 6:30 left in the 3rd Q. Usually he goes out around the 4 or 3 minute mark with Jo. I think Thibs was just sending him a message for not hustling on defense.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 09:34 PM)
Is Kevin Love a superstar? Are the Cavs a serious threat to winning it all? I am thinking no, and no.

Nope and nope. Love has disappeared now that he's not the only focal point on a crap team, and the Cavs are atrocious on defense. They're still a threat, but I'm more concerned about Toronto and Washington at this point.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 11:14 AM)
Sun-Times Basketball ‏@suntimes_hoops 1h1 hour ago

Thibs seldom dabbles in contract talk, but said today that the organization knows the value of Butler and wants him around for a long time.

Yeah. Jimmy Butler is a top 10 MVP candidate at this point. Way to not lock him up, Bulls. That's gonna cost yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 01:27 PM)
Yeah. Jimmy Butler is a top 10 MVP candidate at this point. Way to not lock him up, Bulls. That's gonna cost yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

And how many or us would've been furious if they "overpayed" him then? Maybe he needed the motivation for a new contract to find this version of him.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 01:38 PM)
And how many or us would've been furious if they "overpayed" him then? Maybe he needed the motivation for a new contract to find this version of him.

Yeah, it was the right move at the time. If he would've been his normal offensive self up to date, I wouldn't been upset with 10 mil per year. He played himself into a max contract - good. He's earned it.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 03:02 PM)
People in August and September thought Jimmy could be had for 8 mill a year and would be mad if he got 10.

It may not seem like it, but this was best case scenario.

Definitely. I'd rather have someone play himself into a max deal rather than giving out a big contract and seeing that player end up not being worth it.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 02:12 PM)
The Bulls will simply match the max offer sheet Butler gets. Not terribly concerned. The Spurs did the same thing with Kawhi Leonard.

and won't that be before the expected salary cap expansion based off the new TV deal? So it might hurt them some short term, but if cap expands as expected it becomes less of a burden.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 02:16 PM)
and won't that be before the expected salary cap expansion based off the new TV deal? So it might hurt them some short term, but if cap expands as expected it becomes less of a burden.

His extension wouldn't kick in until 2016/17, so that's when they'd start having issues. Noah's contract also happens to be up at that time, but as you said, the new TV deal should kick in at that point.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 03:03 PM)
Thats just crazy. We all were thinking 12M per year was steep and now 25M per year looks likely

I mean, it's all based on %. If the cap only goes up 5 mill this year, because they are "smoothing", then Jimmy will get $15 million. If the cap rises to 125 million and all hell breaks loose, yeah, he'll be getting 25 million, but a lot of people are gonna be paid crazy sums. His may be the best "new" contract of the lot.