2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 03:14 PM)
I mean, it's all based on %. If the cap only goes up 5 mill this year, because they are "smoothing", then Jimmy will get $15 million. If the cap rises to 125 million and all hell breaks loose, yeah, he'll be getting 25 million, but a lot of people are gonna be paid crazy sums. His may be the best "new" contract of the lot.

Its just crazy to me that for the last two years we have been reading J4L going "HAHAHA JIMMY BUTLER IS LAME HAHAAHA NO SUPERSTARS FOR YOU" and now Jimmy Butler is becoming a bonafide superstar right before our eyes.

And I do math bad. 20M

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 03:16 PM)
Its just crazy to me that for the last two years we have been reading J4L going "HAHAHA JIMMY BUTLER IS LAME HAHAAHA NO SUPERSTARS FOR YOU" and now Jimmy Butler is becoming a bonafide superstar right before our eyes.

And I do math bad. 20M

J4L is who he is. He likes to take the best performance of the night and make a bold statement that the same performance will be extrapolated over whole season, while never commenting on the bulls.

However, I thought it was crazy that anyone would sacrifice getting a scoring star because they wanted to keep Jimmy Butler. Frankly, I had no idea he had this post game. And I can't believe he developed a fade away post shot in one offseason. That means he can learn a hell of a lot more in the next 3 offseasons.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 03:16 PM)

And I do math bad. 20M

Better than anyone could have expected.

SIU peoplez are smrt.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 03:20 PM)
J4L is who he is. He likes to take the best performance of the night and make a bold statement that the same performance will be extrapolated over whole season, while never commenting on the bulls.

However, I thought it was crazy that anyone would sacrifice getting a scoring star because they wanted to keep Jimmy Butler. Frankly, I had no idea he had this post game. And I can't believe he developed a fade away post shot in one offseason. That means he can learn a hell of a lot more in the next 3 offseasons.

To be fair, when was the last time J4L is right about his predictions? 1998? :lol:

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 04:19 PM)
To be fair, when was the last time J4L is right about his predictions? 1998? :lol:

For me, he's right about this era of basketball and the basketball in the west being as good or better than any before. And I think he's usually a voice of reason when someone wants to cut down on lebron or another superstar out of Jordan-righteousness.

I don't think Thibs did a good job with his rotation tonight. On a night where Brooks isn't doing much on offense, he could put the bigger Mirotic at SF to match up against Copeland rather than Jimmy. Not to mention they are already looking to give Niko more burn at SF to begin with.