2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 10:25 PM)
I mean. Isn't it time to start discussing how good this guy is? He's a f***ing star and nobody outside of us talks about it. Not only that, but he is a GREAT guy.

He's, right now, a top 10 player in the NBA. Derrick Rose is just "a guy" compared to Jimmy. Yet all anyone talks about (including my sig) is Rose.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 10:33 PM)
Klay Thompson is better according to the experts....................

I'm fine with that. Let everyone keep sleeping on the Bulls. Gasol is legit a dominant center right now, our backcourt is unreal and Mirotic is contributing more than everyone thought. Recipe for a deep run.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 10:29 PM)
He's, right now, a top 10 player in the NBA. Derrick Rose is just "a guy" compared to Jimmy. Yet all anyone talks about (including my sig) is Rose.

#3 in win shares. #6 in offensive rating (very rare for a SG who doesn't rely heavily on 3s).

He's also pretty damn good on defense.

He's the most complete player in the NBA not named Anthony Davis or LeBron James right now.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 11:10 PM)
Another under the radar stat: top 5 in the east has .600 winning pct against the top 5 of the west. I think the greatness of the west is a bit overstated.

The West is still deeper. After the Cavs, every team in the East is under .500.

The 8th seed in the West is 18-14.

need some help in understanding some rule in the nba.

i thought when a player gets assigned / cut and plays in the

"D" league, he becomes a FA.

so when Noah Vonleh, 9 pick last yr 1rd, went to the D league,

is he a FA?

totally unrelated, the signing of the vet for vet extension contracts,

should the Bull continue to extend Rose contract further? i know

the Bulls should offer Joakim Noah.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 30, 2014 -> 05:29 AM)

while you do have a good point, his growth has been unbelievable, this will be his

2 nd season showing this. now if he can sustain it for the whole season. btw,

didn't the bulls offered him a contract, i think the bulls will do the right thing

and sign him.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 30, 2014 -> 07:21 AM)
need some help in understanding some rule in the nba.

i thought when a player gets assigned / cut and plays in the

"D" league, he becomes a FA.

so when Noah Vonleh, 9 pick last yr 1rd, went to the D league,

is he a FA?

totally unrelated, the signing of the vet for vet extension contracts,

should the Bull continue to extend Rose contract further? i know

the Bulls should offer Joakim Noah.

It's kind of like the minor leagues in a way. If a player is sent down from an NBA franchise, their current contract is still in place.

It's just that the D-League is way less important than the MiLB, so most of their rosters are filled with free agents and maybe one or two draft picks at best.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 30, 2014 -> 02:51 PM)
It's kind of like the minor leagues in a way. If a player is sent down from an NBA franchise, their current contract is still in place.

It's just that the D-League is way less important than the MiLB, so most of their rosters are filled with free agents and maybe one or two draft picks at best.

thanks, but does that mean the team at the regular mlb level plays with 1 less

Thibs fouled up the lineup last night. It was like he had to play another wrong guy in the fourth quarter because Kirk was out. Aaron never made a FG I don't believe and it wasn't like he added anything on defense. The offense never had any rhythm, probably because we had two point guards out there. It seems like he has a mental block on playing Dunleavy in the fourth quarter right now, which is probably part of the reason Jimmy is getting too many minutes as well. It wouldn't shock me if we try to bring in some wing depth via trade. Or sign Ray Allen.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 30, 2014 -> 12:50 PM)
Someone please correct me if I am wrong because I don't know the NBA like the MLB but Butler is going to be an RFA next offseason. So as someone said, I think Kev, the Bulls will end up matching whatever the offer sheet is. So he's not looking at 4/80 or 5/100 he's looking at 3 years 50ish or 4 years at 60+? Am I right here?

You don't really know what the numbers will be yet until the cap figure for next year is determined. The max is based off that number. Kyrie Irving just signed one for 5-90, but as I posted earlier, Butler can't get a 5th year because Rose is the Bulls' designated player. The best guess is in the 4-70 range. However, that could go up if the cap jumps significantly or if Butler qualifies for the "Rose rule" that allows him to get 30% of the cap instead of 25%, which would happen if he makes the All-Star game or All-NBA the next two years (admittedly, I'm not 100% sure that applies if you're not a designated player).

Both starting guards are having s*** games, the next best guard is ejected, the next best guard after that is hurt. Gonna have to dig deep to win this one - but Jimmy looks like he would benefit from some time on the bench tonight. Visibly frustrated and getting manhandled by Johnson regardless.