2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 08:32 PM)
Maybe we should trust the organization on the draft front? They've done a pretty good job with drafting over the years.

Since I don't follow college ball, God I hope you're right.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 08:37 PM)
Alright, starting to want the people we actually drafted instead of McDermott. Harris is a nice player and I *believe* the foreign player isn't a cap hit if he stays overseas.

Correct.

f***. Instead of a SG that was projected at 10 and a Euro-stash big, we get a tweener

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 08:31 PM)
Put me in the group that would have rather had Harris or Young than McDermott, much less giving up the other pick for him as well. I don't trust him to do anything but shoot, while the other two might.

Also, while I'm not a huge fan of Ennis, the Bulls do need to go into next year with three serviceable PG's given what's happened with Rose of late. No, Kirk doesn't count.

Last time I felt this way was the Hinrich draft when we were supposed to get Wade.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 08:32 PM)
ty. you saw my post in the other thread, correct? j4l hides from nobody. You were right and I was epically wrong.

Haha I didn't but I was told. I never thought you were hiding for the record.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 08:52 PM)
If McDermott is a tweener, so is Harris

Nobody traded 2 first rounders for Harris. If McDermott was our 16th pick, Id be perfectly content. We gave up a valuable piece for a guy that is no sure thing. It really is odd.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 08:55 PM)
Seeing sox badger and j4l hate the pick makes me think bulls really pulled a coup.

I dont hate McDermott, I hate trading up for him.

I hope he becomes the best player in the NBA. I just cant defend what the Bulls did there.

(edit)

Ive seen McDermott maybe 20-30 times, Im just not sure how much posting up hell do at the 4. Sure at the 3 he might outsize people, but then you have him guarding quicker guys on defense.

I just think Hood/Young were better fits and that gave you the bonus of taking a PG at 19 and having more insurance.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 27, 2014 -> 01:56 AM)
McDermott isn't a just a spot up shooter. Guy was double teamed every night and 70% of his shots last year were contested.

But is he white? Then he ben affleck.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 08:55 PM)
Seeing sox badger and j4l hate the pick makes me think bulls really pulled a coup.

My team predictions suck. I'm much better with individual players. even the paul george/pippen comp doesn't look bad when you compare them at the same age.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 08:56 PM)

I hope he becomes the best player in the NBA. I just cant defend what the Bulls did there.

(edit)

Ive seen McDermott maybe 20-30 times, Im just not sure how much posting up hell do at the 4. Sure at the 3 he might outsize people, but then you have him guarding quicker guys on defense.

I just think Hood/Young were better fits and that gave you the bonus of taking a PG at 19 and having more insurance.

Agreed with all this.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 08:57 PM)
But is he white? Then he ben affleck.

Are you accusing me of not liking white players?

You know Im a die hard Wisconsin fan, right?

If anybody is going to give some white love, its me.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 27, 2014 -> 01:56 AM)

At this point I'd rather Bulls get some one they targeted than keep collecting assets they won't use. High basketball IQ, great shooter, give him to Thibs. I don't give a s*** about backup point guards. Check out how many effing pgs were just drafted. It's the easiest position to fill.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 27, 2014 -> 01:58 AM)
My team predictions suck. I'm much better with individual players. even the paul george/pippen comp doesn't look bad when you compare them at the same age.

You are basically only good at telling us how players have done in immediate past. :lol:

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 09:01 PM)
At this point I'd rather Bulls get some one they targeted than keep collecting assets they won't use. High basketball IQ, great shooter, give him to Thibs. I don't give a s*** about backup point guards. Check out how many effing pgs were just drafted. It's the easiest position to fill.

Hell, check out how many PGs the bulls picked up off the street that got paid after Thibs let them play.