2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 02:20 PM)
I don't think he falls past 4. Blake Griffin was injury prone too until he wasn't.

Noel was a much less accomplished big man with just as many injury concerns and he went 6th overall (given, in a very weak draft class).

Someone will absolutely take a chance on Embiid. He's a big man, he's going to get banged up and miss some time, but you just hope that some means "10-15 a year" rather than "multiple seasons and a shortened NBA career."

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 08:38 PM)
Noel was a much less accomplished big man with just as many injury concerns and he went 6th overall (given, in a very weak draft class).

Someone will absolutely take a chance on Embiid. He's a big man, he's going to get banged up and miss some time, but you just hope that some means "10-15 a year" rather than "multiple seasons and a shortened NBA career."

It's funny, but I bet this ends up reaffirming the NBA hierarchy. If CLE/Bucks take him, wouldn't be surprised if he busts. Narrative will be "Stupid teams didn't read writing on wall re: injuries, draft plagued c bust"

If PHI/Celts/Lakers trade up or end up getting him, it will be teams that see the potential and are willing to be patient to bring him along. And he'll probably succeed.

The NBA seemingly has to be this way. It just never seems to shake up too much.

The difference is David Lee has a terrible contract for next 2 years while Noah's is pretty onpoint. David Lee is not a feature of that deal, though he is a nice player if isolated from money.

I still maintain moving Noah for Love defeats the purpose of competing now. I have no idea what garbage we'd be throwing out at C.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 12:30 PM)
The difference is David Lee has a terrible contract for next 2 years while Noah's is pretty onpoint. David Lee is not a feature of that deal, though he is a nice player if isolated from money.

I still maintain moving Noah for Love defeats the purpose of competing now. I have no idea what garbage we'd be throwing out at C.

I don't think the Bulls have a player to match Thompson. Noah is older, more expensive, and isn't nearly as dynamic of a scorer.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 12:35 PM)
I don't think the Bulls have a player to match Thompson. Noah is older, more expensive, and isn't nearly as dynamic of a scorer.

Thompson is due for a contract extension soon and Noah is a much, much, much more impactful player overall right now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 06:35 PM)

You don't need a dynamic scorer next to Pekovic, you need someone to guard the rim. I think this board continues to overrate butler and underrate Noah. There aren't that many centers in the league. Look at the garbage people trot out there.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 12:38 PM)
Thompson is due for a contract extension soon and Noah is a much, much, much more impactful player overall right now.

True. But in the position the Wolves are in, that isn't what they are looking for. Noah is a finishing the puzzle piece, not a rebuilding piece.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 12:39 PM)
You don't need a dynamic scorer next to Pekovic, you need someone to guard the rim. I think this board continues to overrate butler and underrate Noah. There aren't that many centers in the league. Look at the garbage people trot out there.

I love Jo Noah. Hell I was the one saying he should get MVP votes for this year. I just don't see him being what the TWolves are looking for right now. The Heat? Sure. Somewhere he could maybe win a title? Absolutely. Minnesota makes no sense.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 12:53 PM)
Butler, Gibson, Mirotic, the two picks and Boozer's contract could help Minnesota.

Yeah, Windhorst was on ESPN radio yesterday and said he thought that an offer like that was better than the Thompson offer if the Bulls wanted to do it.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 12:55 PM)
Yeah, Windhorst was on ESPN radio yesterday and said he thought that an offer like that was better than the Thompson offer if the Bulls wanted to do it.

My only question is does it work from a cap standpoint?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 01:06 PM)
David Schuster

16 mins ·

Sources out of NY say that Phil Jackson is now ready to sign and trade Carmello Anthony, with the Bulls the front runner as a trade partner. Stay tuned

He also says Boozer is in the deal as of right now.

It's early though...the draft is next week and free agency doesn't start until July 1st.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 01:33 PM)
God damn I'm going not going to last this. This will end up killing me.

I have this gut feeling that nothing will happen or we'll end up with bread crumbs. It's just the Bulls way.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 06:51 PM)
I love Jo Noah. Hell I was the one saying he should get MVP votes for this year. I just don't see him being what the TWolves are looking for right now. The Heat? Sure. Somewhere he could maybe win a title? Absolutely. Minnesota makes no sense.

I actually agree with you. I really thought if Love forced a trade it would cost less after seeing what Howard (hell, also Paul) fetched. But Love has made much less of a DEMAND portion, just made it clear he was not going to sign.

But from GS perspective, A team with Curry/Love/Bogut is much easier to work with than if the Bulls go with Rose/Love/Taj. Rose is much more of a wildcard, and team has shown how much Noah can carry on his own.

I am thrilled we are in on Melo, but man I would have loved to see how Noah could have learned to play with Love.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 10:35 AM)

I think a package of Noah might actually be perceived better then the proposed Golden State package, just depends on how much you value financial flexibility, etc. Is Thompson going to even stick around?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 07:36 PM)
I have this gut feeling that nothing will happen or we'll end up with bread crumbs. It's just the Bulls way.

OMG BULLS TRADE FOR AFLLALOLOL

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 11:31 AM)
He also says Boozer is in the deal as of right now.

It's early though...the draft is next week and free agency doesn't start until July 1st.

Can a sign and trade happen sooner then July 1? If they can get Melo in a sign and trade with Boozer as one of the primary players, huge coup for Chicago. Presume deal would also include Nikolai and draft picks (since everything seems to indicate plan a is getting Melo without losing Gibson). Could a package be built around Butler, Boozer, and picks? I guess it all depends on what the Knicks are willing to do. I don't see why they would do that.