2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 09:19 AM)
I think it's all a bunch of nonsense. I think it's the obvious stuff - Thibs wants control of minutes and demands a lot from players, the front office wants him to relalx and be more like Pop. That's some basic, fundamental disagreements about how to run a team that is going to cause some division in the organization.

Any notion though that the Bulls want Thibs out is, IMO, a media-driven story and nothing more.

I agree with you and I think Taj, Noah and Rose are going to get everyone on the same page, the Thibbs page. I'm really liking what I've been seeing out of Rose on the court and it said a lot how he's responded since making his comments (cause they could have just as easily back fired on him).

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cowley has been pounding the "Thibs will be gone next year/discord with the FO/discord with Reinsdorf" story all season, since FIBA. Its not going away because he wont let it. Paxson even had "loud conversation" with him and KC Johnson this past week

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 09:42 AM)
Cowley has been pounding the "Thibs will be gone next year/discord with the FO/discord with Reinsdorf" story all season, since FIBA. Its not going away because he wont let it. Paxson even had "loud conversation" with him and KC Johnson this past week

Didn't Gar basically text Woj and say, its all good in the hood.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 11:55 AM)
Didn't Gar basically text Woj and say, its all good in the hood.

He also texted Cowley and said it is a non story. But it is always a story if you keep talking about it

Cowley is complete and utter trash. It sickens me how much this gets talked about because it is impossible for players not to listen to it and for Thibbs voice not to be a little sabotaged because of these reports. Because of them, there is always that little bit of doubt in a players mind and it sucks. I'm glad Paxson came out so strong after Van Gundy's statements. I wish the Bulls would throw a few mill Thibbs way to shut all of it up. This team is good enough that the money spent telling everyone, see, we told you he was our guy, would be so worth it in terms of wins / losses.

Gar is a good GM, but his stupid freaking ego created this mess with the whole Ron Adams fiasco. Dumb. Get rid of one of the top assistants and piss off your head coach because he ran his mouth because he, like any coach, wanted to contend and wanted to win now (that is the job of a coach..to ask for the best team possible and try to put the best guys out there to win...the job of the GM is to control and construct the roster to the best interest of the franchise). Look at the mess you created.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 10:27 AM)
Christopher Kamka ‏@ckamka 17m17 minutes ago

#Bulls are 7-3 this season vs Western Conference top 8 - they have beaten each of top 7. Will play #8 Suns for first time friday.

Quietly I was hoping that Warriors vs. Bulls game was a preview of the NBA finals.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 09:32 AM)
The Warriors had won 19 in a row at home and are far and away the best team in the NBA at the moment, and the Bulls were missing Jimmy Buckets and Dunleavy. I was being realistic

There's a team down south that has won 16 in a row and 30 of their last 32 games...

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 10:56 AM)
Yea, I dont really care

Hawks are playing fantastic basketball. Golden State has the star power but Hawks defense is superb. Also have highest winning percentage in the NBA vs. the Western Conference.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 12:59 PM)
Hawks are playing fantastic basketball. Golden State has the star power but Hawks defense is superb. Also have highest winning percentage in the NBA vs. the Western Conference.

Thats great and all, they are a really great story this season. I just dont buy it. I think they are gonna be a regular season champ and get exposed in the post season. If they dont, hey im wrong. Wouldnt be the first time, wouldnt be the last.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 01:03 PM)
Thats great and all, they are a really great story this season. I just dont buy it. I think they are gonna be a regular season champ and get exposed in the post season. If they dont, hey im wrong. Wouldnt be the first time, wouldnt be the last.

I really hope you're right, they along with Washington are the two teams that worry me the most in the East.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 01:03 PM)

ya that's the way I feel about Atlanta. It'll be interesting how seeding in the East shakes out. If they playoffs started today we'd play the Cavs... :( Wizards scare me more than Atlanta... just don't match up well.. Beal\Wall, Nene, and Gortat

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 01:25 PM)
I really hope you're right, they along with Washington are the two teams that worry me the most in the East.

The Wizards will be legit if they can keep Nene healthy. If he goes down I feel pretty confident about the Bulls handling the Wizards

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 01:26 PM)
ya that's the way I feel about Atlanta. It'll be interesting how seeding in the East shakes out. If they playoffs started today we'd play the Cavs... :( Wizards scare me more than Atlanta... just don't match up well.. Beal\Wall, Nene, and Gortat

The Bulls SHOULD be able to match up well with Butler/Rose, Noah, Gasol and Gibson. In fact, we should have the upper hand.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 12:00 PM)
The bulls are kinda like the hawks, they just play to their opponents level.

They really are nothing like the Hawks. The Hawks have won 16 games in a row and have the best record in the league. They are like the Bulls of old, play their asses off every night and play fantastic defense. This year the Bulls have been the opposite of that, basically playing when they seem to feel like it and other times completely half assing it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 02:45 PM)
They really are nothing like the Hawks. The Hawks have won 16 games in a row and have the best record in the league. They are like the Bulls of old, play their asses off every night and play fantastic defense. This year the Bulls have been the opposite of that, basically playing when they seem to feel like it and other times completely half assing it.

Think he meant Blackhawks...I assume.