2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 10:04 PM)
We weren't taking 2 US picks. We were either taking one guy and then stashing a Euro player or trading the pick anyway. Bulls are really high on McDermot and I still don't even know if he stays in Chicago or not. All I know is he was a great scorer / shooter in college so could be a nice 4th or 5th starter (good scorer off the bench). Maybe he turns into more but the options were always having the Bulls get 1 guy who would end up being on a roster this year. I don't like the idea of trading in these situations either and would have rather just made who the Bulls thought were best at the two spots too but I do have faith in the Bulls scouting.

They took Anthony Randolph back in that deal so they didn't save money and they could have taken two USA players.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 07:12 PM)
I'm not a huge fan of Shabazz, honestly. Seems like the typical undersized guard that goes off in college and is forgotten as a pro

Seems like a really low risk pick. Vet point guards get slept on and he could very well turn into a solid role playing pg.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 07:28 PM)
I'm guessing Anthony is just a nice expiring piece for a s&t. He's not an indication that melo isn't coming. Melo's&t reputation for being about he money is the sign that melo isn't coming.

Ditto. Find it laughable that people think McDermott means we aren't all in for Melo. Team is clearly all in for Melo.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 07:44 PM)
Why in the world would Toronto do that just on the hope of getting an inferior player in Bosh back

Probably cause Lowry has told him he isn't coming back so they have no choice but to facilitate for a pick or two or just let him go somewhere else anyway.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 07:58 PM)
Norris Cole and late first rounders at best for Lowry? That's an awful deal

What leverage does Toronto have? Lowry is a FA. This is a S&T, not a normal trade.

Edit: Sorry, i looked like an ass with my initial response.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 08:09 PM)
They took Anthony Randolph back in that deal so they didn't save money and they could have taken two USA players.

Presume they think it will be easy to dump Randolph. Foresight people…foresight. That or someone, maybe the Knicks, want this Randolph fellow.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 08:12 PM)
On a side note, I'm really excited to see what we get from Mirotic

Still a lot of scenarios out there with him not coming back. An interesting thing is there are some reports this week that Nik makes a hell of a lot less in the Euro league then anyone thinks. He also had a falling out recently and hasn't been playing many minutes (or all that good).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 10:13 PM)
What leverage does Toronto have? Lowry is a FA. This is a S&T, not a normal trade.

Edit: Sorry, i looked like an ass with my initial response.

If that's the going rate, I'd take him on the Bulls. Seriously.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 08:18 PM)
If that's the going rate, I'd take him on the Bulls. Seriously.

I would to, however, he also has to be interested in signing with the Bulls, which I presume he wouldn't be (why would he want to play 2nd fiddle to Rose?). How about the Knicks just sending us Melo in a S&T now.

Of players under Bulls control, there are some nice floor spacers:

-McBuckets

-Dunleavy

-Mirotic

-Snell

Guys we had around last year and wouldn't be that hard to get back:

-Augustin

-Fredette

And I think Jimmy will end up being an asset in that regard as he gets better and pares down his shot amount with the team around him improving. I don't think it would be too difficult to bring in some other shooters on the cheap as well. Disappointed to see some of the good shooting wings off the board early in the second, though

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 10:01 PM)
Despite all the b****ing on this board, this front office has proven the fact that it has historically been exceptional at drafting.

Ill be the one to say it, but the Bulls have not been exceptional.

The last 2 drafts they got Snell and Teague respectively.

Sure they got Butler, but that was already back in 2011. In 2010 they got James Johnson and Taj Gibson (50% hit rate) and Im pretty sure if you pull up the draft thread youll see me saying things about Gibson being a steal.

I wont even talk about the abortions before Noah.

You guys have way more faith in a franchise that has been to the EC Finals 1 time since 1998. Color me skeptical.

(edit)

Sure if the Bulls get Melo this all changes, but I remember when the Bulls were getting T-Mac, Kobe and every other FA since 1998.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 08:22 PM)
Ill be the one to say it, but the Bulls have not been exceptional.

The last 2 drafts they got Snell and Teague respectively.

Sure they got Butler, but that was already back in 2011. In 2010 they got James Johnson and Taj Gibson (50% hit rate) and Im pretty sure if you pull up the draft thread youll see me saying things about Gibson being a steal.

I wont even talk about the abortions before Noah.

You guys have way more faith in a franchise that has been to the EC Finals 1 time since 1998. Color me skeptical.

(edit)

Sure if the Bulls get Melo this all changes, but I remember when the Bulls were getting T-Mac, Kobe and every other FA since 1998.

You do realize every team will have misses? Bulls have consistently hit at a much higher percentage then the rest of the league. It isn't even close. Butler / Taj / Asik / Nik / Sefolosha / Deng / Gordon / Hinrich / Rose / Noah / etc

Note: Tyrus Thomas was the one massive debacle and really the only debacle under this admin. Jay Williams I won't blame anyone on since he would have been very good but I also don't remember if that was Paxson or not (think it was). Also, I am not writing Snell off yet.

FYI - McDermott excelled last year practicing with Team USA. Tons of people raved about him (also Hayward). Below are some stats from this past college basketball season (points per possession):

Catch and Shoot: 1.312 PPP

Off Screens: 1.444 PPP

Off the dribble: 1.154 PPP

Ranked 1st in all three categories. No idea if Thibs can teach him defense.