2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 7, 2015 -> 05:01 AM)
Or how PJax would refer to him as Pink :lol:

i always thought that had a double meaning, but when asked about Pink meaning, he said it was ref to

pick floyd and music.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 7, 2015 -> 06:57 AM)
i always thought that had a double meaning, but when asked about Pink meaning, he said it was ref to

pick floyd and music.

It has double meaning. Phil was being condescending

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 7, 2015 -> 01:03 PM)
Well they could've kept DJ. Iirc, he wasn't asking for much at all. But garpax, don't value backup PGs except for Kirk Hinrich.

DJ is gettimg more than Hinrich. I'd rather have Pau than DJ.

Also Brooks is shooting better than DJ this season.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 7, 2015 -> 01:42 PM)
DJ is gettimg more than Hinrich. I'd rather have Pau than DJ.

Also Brooks is shooting better than DJ this season.

By DJ makes 250K more than Hinrich, it wouldn't prevent us from getting Pau.

Also, there is no doubt that DJ or any other flier PG's we had played better under Thibs. And comparing DJ under Thibs, his 56.9TS% is far better than Brook's 52.7%, DJ also had a higher assist and turnover ratio than Brooks. On top of that, Brooks is probably the worst defensive PG we have had, and yes that includes Nate and JL3.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 7, 2015 -> 06:48 PM)
By DJ makes 250K more than Hinrich, it wouldn't prevent us from getting Pau.

Also, there is no doubt that DJ or any other flier PG's we had played better under Thibs. And comparing DJ under Thibs, his 56.9TS% is far better than Brook's 52.7%, DJ also had a higher assist and turnover ratio than Brooks. On top of that, Brooks is probably the worst defensive PG we have had, and yes that includes Nate and JL3.

The Bulls needed to clear space in case they signed Carmelo. IIRC, DJ signed with Detroit before Carmelo officially stopped playing the Bulls. Anyway, it is ridiculous arguimg DJ Augustine. How many teams has he been on the last 2 years?

Besides, with Rose coming back, how do you know DJ even wanted to come back to be his back up? And you can't be sure another $250k less a year doesn't have Pau in a different uniform.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 8, 2015 -> 03:35 AM)
The Bulls needed to clear space in case they signed Carmelo. IIRC, DJ signed with Detroit before Carmelo officially stopped playing the Bulls. Anyway, it is ridiculous arguimg DJ Augustine. How many teams has he been on the last 2 years?

Besides, with Rose coming back, how do you know DJ even wanted to come back to be his back up? And you can't be sure another $250k less a year doesn't have Pau in a different uniform.

He did go to Detroit to backup Brandon Jennings didn't he? If I were DJ, I would have taken a $250K paycut to backup a oft-injured Rose on a playoff team and not to mention playing in Thib's PG-oriented scheme than to go to Detroit. I think it's pretty obvious we could have Hinrich or DJ for the same money but we chose Hinrich for what he's done for the Bulls org/known for in the past versus how he would fare going forward.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 8, 2015 -> 12:09 PM)
He did go to Detroit to backup Brandon Jennings didn't he? If I were DJ, I would have taken a $250K paycut to backup a oft-injured Rose on a playoff team and not to mention playing in Thib's PG-oriented scheme than to go to Detroit. I think it's pretty obvious we could have Hinrich or DJ for the same money but we chose Hinrich for what he's done for the Bulls org/known for in the past versus how he would fare going forward.

Minutes behind Brandon Jennings and Derrick Rose if he was healthy are very different. DJ signed earlier than Hinrich. Brooks isn't the downgrade from DJ people want to make him. He has been awful lately, but DJ can have really bad stretches as well. DJ Augustine doesn't make the Bulls a title contender.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 8, 2015 -> 01:01 PM)
Minutes behind Brandon Jennings and Derrick Rose if he was healthy are very different. DJ signed earlier than Hinrich. Brooks isn't the downgrade from DJ people want to make him. He has been awful lately, but DJ can have really bad stretches as well. DJ Augustine doesn't make the Bulls a title contender.

I don't think anyone should put these words together in sentence again.

No one honestly believed Rose could stay healthy for a full season, that was also one of the reasons Melo didn't sign here. We are also not mentioning the obvious fact that Thibs likes the 2 PG rotation late in games. Putting it in perspective, Brook is only average 2 minutes less than Augustin when both played as reserves, and we still had Hinrich on the roster. If we let Hinrich walk, DJ would have gotten a lot more minutes both as a starter and as the first guard off the bench.

I don't think DJ makes us a title contender, and no one is saying that. But DJ is more of a capable starting point guard than Brooks is if Rose goes down. He at least won't put a hole at that spot. I think going into next season, we need to look for someone who could step in to start to back up Rose, preferably someone even better than DJ. If we rely on a backup PG to start for Rose again, it's going to be a waste of a season.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 8, 2015 -> 07:31 PM)
I don't think anyone should put these words together in sentence again.

No one honestly believed Rose could stay healthy for a full season, that was also one of the reasons Melo didn't sign here. We are also not mentioning the obvious fact that Thibs likes the 2 PG rotation late in games. Putting it in perspective, Brook is only average 2 minutes less than Augustin when both played as reserves, and we still had Hinrich on the roster. If we let Hinrich walk, DJ would have gotten a lot more minutes both as a starter and as the first guard off the bench.

I don't think DJ makes us a title contender, and no one is saying that. But DJ is more of a capable starting point guard than Brooks is if Rose goes down. He at least won't put a hole at that spot. I think going into next season, we need to look for someone who could step in to start to back up Rose, preferably someone even better than DJ. If we rely on a backup PG to start for Rose again, it's going to be a waste of a season.

yeah, i was even starting to look into a PG for this yrs draft.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 8, 2015 -> 02:07 PM)
Does McDermott have to shoot every time he gets the ball? All he does is take contested jump shots and gets beat on defense. I was just watching Belinelli spin him around off the ball.

What's funny is people were questioning Thibs on not playing him. Now it looks like Thibs is right again; he simply isn't ready. I, for one, will never question Thibs when it comes to rookies. Only guy who has failed under him is Teague.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 8, 2015 -> 07:16 PM)
What's funny is people were questioning Thibs on not playing him. Now it looks like Thibs is right again; he simply isn't ready. I, for one, will never question Thibs when it comes to rookies. Only guy who has failed under him is Teague.

Technically didn't he have James Johnson also?