White Sox vs Twins

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 02:40 PM)
Hawk is just a horrible, horrible announcer. The amount of mistakes he makes every game is inexcusable.

He really makes me not want to listen to the broadcasts especially when we lose some tough games. Thankfully I live in nashville and can switch to the other feeds sometimes... Unless it's the tigers were playing. I don't know how Stoney puts up with it, I'm sure he would leave if he knew there was another job out there. Stone should be on espn or fox national style. Hawk is only good anymore when I get a can of corn type play or we got a man there or win a game late. El canon with his terrible accent is about the worst thing ever other than when he starts using hell a lot.

QUOTE (iguchi=dank @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 08:49 PM)
He really makes me not want to listen to the broadcasts especially when we lose some tough games. Thankfully I live in nashville and can switch to the other feeds sometimes... Unless it's the tigers were playing. I don't know how Stoney puts up with it, I'm sure he would leave if he knew there was another job out there. Stone should be on espn or fox national style. Hawk is only good anymore when I get a can of corn type play or we got a man there or win a game late. El canon with his terrible accent is about the worst thing ever other than when he starts using hell a lot.

For him to say that ball was fair when the viewing audience can't see the umpire is ridiculous

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 02:50 PM)
For him to say that ball was fair when the viewing audience can't see the umpire is ridiculous

Ya that was a senile moment for sure. Last 3 seasons he does that a lot on plays like that. How bout watch the ump and chill out for a second on a close play. And here we go, Rienzo is bad and the twins finally got him

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 07:54 PM)
Rienzo is flat out not starting caliber. Hahn and Cooper with the big fail in regards to this pitching staff this season.

It is a disgraceful staff for the big league level.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 02:55 PM)
Next in line to start in Rienzo's place? Can't imagine they let him start another game, as he doesn't even give this team a chance of late.

Eric Surkamp has struck out 10.5 per 9 and walked a little over 2 per 9 at Charlotte

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 08:57 PM)
It is a disgraceful staff for the big league level.

It's definitely the type of staff that has no chance of letting you contend. 2 out of every 5 games, you're just praying they can keep you in the game.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 08:57 PM)
Rienzo is hot garbage. Bring back E. Johnson.

Hell no to Johnson...he doesn't deserve to get innings at the big league level. Either he's hurt or mentally is off his game.

Next in line to start in Rienzo's place? Can't imagine they let him start another game, as he doesn't even give this team a chance of late.

He gave up 4 runs. Not 14. That's a keeping your team in it. It's the sputtering offense is why it seems like he doesn't give us a chance

Just make sure Downs doesn't pitch today to get closer to that awful vesting option.

The saddest part of that post by u yesterday is that unless we dfa him that vesting option is flat easy to reach when he is the only lefty. We really have to dfa him in a couple months if we are outa it. That's a ton of money that we really need to go to someone else to fill a pitching or outfield slot. Ada and Dayan are prolly done, maybe u keep one

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 07:40 PM)
Hawk is just a horrible, horrible announcer. The amount of mistakes he makes every game is inexcusable.

I love Hawk. This team is trending downward of late.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 08:00 PM)
He gave up 4 runs. Not 14. That's a keeping your team in it. It's the sputtering offense is why it seems like he doesn't give us a chance

He didn't even get out of the 5th inning. His ERA is now 5.86. 3 of his last 4 starts were shorter than 5 innings.