White Sox Winner????

LittleHurt05

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Blowasavio didn't blow a save. Key was the glasses, as soon as he takes them off GIDP. No more glasses for Blowasavio please. In fact maybe that was his issue trying to escape Venezuela in ST, he just kept walking into the wall over and over again until eventually he took them off and was like "My word that's not the customs office that's a wall" and then he was fine.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 09:32 PM)
Now we could use about 10 more in a row

We are the perfect .500 team, it's like our destiny or something. Given that, I'd rather hit a swoon that takes us well below .500, have Hahn make a few exciting trades, and then we finish the year off with a strong climb back to .500 that has us excited about 2015.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 09:55 PM)
Blowasavio didn't blow a save. Key was the glasses, as soon as he takes them off GIDP. No more glasses for Blowasavio please. In fact maybe that was his issue trying to escape Venezuela in ST, he just kept walking into the wall over and over again until eventually he took them off and was like "My word that's not the customs office that's a wall" and then he was fine.

That's a direct quote, I believe

Good win which begs some questions ..

--Is Beckham getting good again?

-- Is DeAza getting good again like his first season or so?

-- Is Flowers capable of getting a hit a game?

-- Is Bella worthy of our praise?

Some of our most despised players by fans had a pretty good game. That stat somebody cited about Q and all those quality starts is impressive. If Danks became the old Danks and we acquire two excellent righty pitchers to go with the three lefties, the Sox might have a good rotation.

Good win which begs some questions ..

--Is Beckham getting good again? I think so. He has been consistently good since coming off the DL.

-- Is DeAza getting good again like his first season or so? DeAza is forever going to be an incredibly streaky hitter who will end up with an OPS in the 690-730 range. He isn't a starter on a championship team but is about the best option the Sox have right now.

-- Is Flowers capable of getting a hit a game? No, Flowers is awful, very few of us were even fooled by his hot start.

-- Is Bella worthy of our praise? No, he's a 6th-7th inning reliever playing closer.

Some of our most despised players by fans had a pretty good game. That stat somebody cited about Q and all those quality starts is impressive. If Danks became the old Danks and we acquire two excellent righty pitchers to go with the three lefties, the Sox might have a good rotation.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 09:55 PM)

I'm sorry buddy, but we have a new winner for worst nickname in Soxtalk history.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 08:03 AM)
I'm sorry buddy, but we have a new winner for worst nickname in Soxtalk history.

TUC cant claim that one, I heard Bruce Levine saying it yesterday on the Score.

edit: unless, of course, TUC is Bruce Levine. And if that is the case, my brain will break

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 08:10 AM)
TUC cant claim that one, I heard Bruce Levine saying it yesterday on the Score.

edit: unless, of course, TUC is Bruce Levine. And if that is the case, my brain will break

Anybody who is repeating something Bruce Levine has said is already losing.

It's still the worst nickname in Soxtalk history.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 08:14 AM)
Anybody who is repeating something Bruce Levine has said is already losing.

It's still the worst nickname in Soxtalk history.

i believe we need a poll for this

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 08:29 AM)
i believe we need a poll for this

I thought Hot Fire was deemed infinitely forever the worst nickname ever no matter what anyone could come up with. I'm not going to justify it with caps.

Meanwhile Business as Rasual is the best nickname ever from Soxtalk even if it's non baseball related.

I admit I had a hard chuckle over hearing Blowasavio. I like it.