Gamethread to continue the good feeling of a win

Kyyle23

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 12:02 AM)
June/early July has to be the worst for the s***ty teams. I remember April being miserable last year but it was June/early July that made it hard to swallow. When done right, there is moves to look forward to in July and young, exciting players to watch in August/September.

On the plus side, it's a good thing this team didn't save realising they were s***ty until after the trading deadline

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (1dog @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 06:03 AM)
We need a C, LF, and a bullpen. Take care of those and they'll be watchable. Maybe.

It's be nice to sign the new Cuban defector. Then there has to be a serviceable catcher on the free agent market. I don't know about the pitching. This is a last place pitching staff all the way around and I don't know how he's going to fix it.

QUOTE (1dog @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 12:03 AM)
We need a C, LF, and a bullpen. Take care of those and they'll be watchable. Maybe.

Russell Martin, Tomas or Melky Cabrera, and then Street, Gregerson, and Andrew Miller.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 11:02 PM)
June/early July has to be the worst for the s***ty teams. I remember April being miserable last year but it was June/early July that made it hard to swallow. When done right, there is moves to look forward to in July and young, exciting players to watch in August/September.

Yes if they can make some exciting moves the have a couple impact FA signings I'll be happy

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 12:59 AM)
it's easy to b**** about the bullpen...but why Putnam was taken out for Downs is still beyond me....

Oh s***, I momentarily forgot about the most important position....manager.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 05:50 AM)
So, how is everyone enjoying the rebuild?

It's awful. Like you or somebody said, watching young guys is great (Abreu) but ultimately if you don't win, it's excruciating to watch. Sox have so much work to do I'd say last place will be ours next year as well.