Gamethread to continue the good feeling of a win

Kyyle23

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 05:16 PM)
I thought you can't block the plate anymore.

That rule is confusing to everyone fans,players and umps. I'm pretty sure you can block the plate as long as you have the ball which means the runner can bowl you over also if he so chooses .

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 07:59 PM)
Noesi's ERA has gone down about 10.00 since we got him

I was a big detractor didn't really see the upside but he's blown past that. He's now throwing 95 with pretty good breaking stuff and decent command and control. Hell, you could make an argument he's our de facto 3rd starter at this point.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 08:10 PM)
Abreu almost up to .280

The average is there, the power IS THERE, now, just a few more walks instead of ugly Ks on breaking balls please. Still, he's been like the 90th percentile best case since he started. Can hold down 1B, hits for insane power, hits for a decent average but not much patience. That's still like a 4-6 WAR player and on that contract that's a steal.

Can you imagine where we'd be without him? It's scary to think. He's had such an impact on the offense beyond his triple slash line.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 07:13 PM)
The average is there, the power IS THERE, now, just a few more walks instead of ugly Ks on breaking balls please. Still, he's been like the 90th percentile best case since he started. Can hold down 1B, hits for insane power, hits for a decent average but not much patience. That's still like a 4-6 WAR player and on that contract that's a steal.

Can you imagine where we'd be without him? It's scary to think. He's had such an impact on the offense beyond his triple slash line.

15 games back