flavum

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 06:07 PM)
Just looked it up, 20% of pitchouts come when the runner is going and only 50% of those runners are thrown out. So 1 in 5 times you give up a ball, you reduce the chances of a stolen base from 3 in 4 to 1 in 2. That's bad.

Good stuff feek.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 02:01 PM)

Yeah I've read that before. A lot of the data certainly seems off. Since he's the only one apparently to ever come across that, I'm guessing there's something funny about adding up those tabs.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 02:05 PM)
Yeah I've read that before. A lot of the data certainly seems off. Since he's the only one apparently to ever come across that, I'm guessing there's something funny about adding up those tabs.

The thing is, a pitch out is a deterrent strategy. Adding up the percentages doesn't really show a perfect evaluation of what it is, and what it is for. Pitchers waste pitches trying to get batters to chase at pitches out of the zone, it doesn't bother me that pitches are wasted trying to get runners taking bases

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 02:14 PM)
What was that with Sierra and Q? Hugged like 5 times in the dugout lol

Lol that was bizarre, Sierra wouldn't let him go

And this is also bizarre, why are the fans acting like Melky Cabrera hasn't played in a long time