Sea Men @ Pale Hose 6:10 July 4th

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 4, 2014 -> 08:14 PM)
That A's-Cubs trade would be a good start to the trading....Man the A's are absolutely loaded

Shark and Hammel for Addison Russell being talked about/centered around with other pieces from A's. Would be a fantastic deal for Theo and Jed if they pulled that off. A's as well.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 4, 2014 -> 08:25 PM)
Who said he is that? He's on 0.2 fWAR right now and that's only because his defence has rated pretty nicely. He was on like 1 WAR at one stage too iirc.

Anyway.

I'd say this was a decent start.

Sorry I'm drinking early in the day. He's at .2 fWAR and .3 bWAR.

You gotta OPS below 600 at catcher in order to be below replacement. Good god, that is f***ing pathetic. MLB has a real problem imo if that's the best the world's talent can come up with. They need a catcher advocacy program or some s***.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 4, 2014 -> 08:31 PM)
Sorry I'm drinking early in the day. He's at .2 fWAR and .3 bWAR.

You gotta OPS below 600 at catcher in order to be below replacement. Good god, that is f***ing pathetic. MLB has a real problem imo if that's the best the world's talent can come up with. They need a catcher advocacy program or some s***.

wRC+ is the only offensive stat you need my good man.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 4, 2014 -> 08:34 PM)
wRC+ is the only offensive stat you need my good man.

I use OPS as a proxy because it's 95% as good. Sometimes you need precision in your arguments, this isn't one of them. I understand the benefits of wRC+, it isn't needed right here and OPS is much, much more accessible to the audience I"m typing at.

I use OPS as a proxy because it's 95% as good. Sometimes you need precision in your arguments, this isn't one of them. I understand the benefits of wRC+, it isn't needed right here and OPS is much, much more accessible to the audience I"m typing at.

Yeah I do this too. OPS works fine, especially if you're comparing guys who play the same position.