Latest Atrocity; Guy in Georgia

greg775

I'm off this week so was watching some TV and caught Nancy Grace's bad act on TV. She wants to fry the motherf***er who left his 1.5 year old baby in a car as he sexted some women all day from the office.

So the guy takes his son to Chik-Fil-A for breakfast then allegedly forgets to take him to daycare. Goes out to his car about noon for some reason. Finally leaves work in the afternoon, baby has died, he pretends he's all upset screaming that he killed his son.

So to the attorneys out there ... is this guy doomed? He says it was an accident and forgot his son was in the car. I say, the MF is sexting a 17 year old at work and other women, showing pix of his erect member and his son bakes in the car and dies.

Should this MF be locked up in jail and throw away the key or is he accorded this "mistake?"

Any feelings on the case?

To you parents ... could you forget your 1.5 year old is in the car on a hot day right after taking him to Chik-Fil-A?

I say lock him up forever or kill him.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 5, 2014 -> 04:56 PM)
Read this story a couple of weeks ago. Think there were some suspicious Google searches found on his computer about dogs in hot cars.

This is exactly why you shouldn't use Google

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 5, 2014 -> 09:58 PM)
This is exactly why you shouldn't use Google

You mean if you are a psychotic, selfish, piece of s*** psycho who wants to enact a murder? Yeah google should be offlimits unless u destroy your computer before enacting the sickening crime.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 5, 2014 -> 05:56 PM)
Read this story a couple of weeks ago. Think there were some suspicious Google searches found on his computer about dogs in hot cars.

Press reports said that his wife admitted and seemingly could have been established as having done those searches.

i cant follow this story. Their little boy looks too much like my own, and it breaks my heart that he spent the last hours of his life in such a terrible situation.

And it looks to be money motivated

If this was indeed premeditated, the parents knew exactly what the child was experiencing hour by hour that day. That level of depravity is beyond my comprehension.

I've been having to install & remove our car seat several teams recently, and I barely spend 5 minutes in the car and I am sweating bullets. Just the thought of sitting in the car that long makes me want to break a car seat over this guy's f***ing head.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 11:22 AM)
I've been having to install & remove our car seat several teams recently, and I barely spend 5 minutes in the car and I am sweating bullets. Just the thought of sitting in the car that long makes me want to break a car seat over this guy's f***ing head.

And you're not even dealing with the Georgia heat.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 11:22 AM)

there is a video going around of a veterinarian that sat in a car for 30 minutes to prove a point, and by the end of the 30 minutes he is freaking out. It is a terrible way to die

If this guy did it, I hope they have more evidence on him than Google searches. If so, he deserves a special kind of hell and everything the system can throw at him, but as damningly circumstantial as that is, I'd be uncomfortable finding guilt beyond a reasonable doubt based on only that.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 04:58 PM)
If this was indeed premeditated, the parents knew exactly what the child was experiencing hour by hour that day. That level of depravity is beyond my comprehension.

Awful.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 05:16 PM)
Reading about this almost makes me physically ill.

Horrific. Me too.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 06:55 PM)
If this guy did it, I hope they have more evidence on him than Google searches. If so, he deserves a special kind of hell and everything the system can throw at him, but as damningly circumstantial as that is, I'd be uncomfortable finding guilt beyond a reasonable doubt based on only that.

I would convict him in a second. The expert said the smell of death was so bad in the car when he was driving away there's no f***ing way he didn't know his son was in the car and at that point he was still pretending. This dad is an animal and I'd convict him on the google searches. At the very least, he better rot in prison at least the next 20 years on some charge, the quality years of his life better be spent in jail.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 12:55 PM)

And that sums up our legal system. I agree totally. I couldn't image being falsely accused of this crime on top of losing my child.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 06:43 AM)
And that sums up our legal system. I agree totally. I couldn't image being falsely accused of this crime on top of losing my child.

The cops put in their reports that he wasn't acting as a distraught parent should. There's more there than just Google searches.

But this moron needs to go to jail regardless. I could MAYBE excuse leaving a kid in a hot car for 30 minutes, maybe an hour, and not realizing the danger. But 9 hours?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 09:18 AM)
The cops put in their reports that he wasn't acting as a distraught parent should. There's more there than just Google searches.

I also hate this one. "He's not processing the grief over his child dying and having it be his fault like I think he should".

So many silly assumptions built into that. We can evaluate how a person's mind responds when they're going to be in shock. Police officers are excellent judges of emotional responses. Police officers have perfect memory of people's facial expressions. All people respond the same way to grief.

IMO that entire statement is basically a waste of time. Sadly it will probably have some meaning if it ever gets to court, but it really shouldn't.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 08:56 AM)
I also hate this one. "He's not processing the grief over his child dying and having it be his fault like I think he should".

So many silly assumptions built into that. We can evaluate how a person's mind responds when they're going to be in shock. Police officers are excellent judges of emotional responses. Police officers have perfect memory of people's facial expressions. All people respond the same way to grief.

IMO that entire statement is basically a waste of time. Sadly it will probably have some meaning if it ever gets to court, but it really shouldn't.

Not acting the "normal" way is how they found the Boston Bombers. I agree that you shouldn't convict someone solely on that, but it should be considered when deciding whether this dad is just the dumbest person alive or that he did this all on purpose.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 10:06 AM)
Not acting the "normal" way is how they found the Boston Bombers. I agree that you shouldn't convict someone solely on that, but it should be considered when deciding whether this dad is just the dumbest person alive or that he did this all on purpose.

A police officer's gut feeling can be a useful tool in policing where quick decisions are necessary but a gut feeling shouldn't be admissible in court and it's not something you should honestly be considering even when forming a personal opinion about the case.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 09:18 AM)
A police officer's gut feeling can be a useful tool in policing where quick decisions are necessary but a gut feeling shouldn't be admissible in court and it's not something you should honestly be considering even when forming a personal opinion about the case.

The cops opinion about whether the guy is acting normal would probably not be allowed. But his observations of the dad's reaction definitely will be and they should be considered as part of the entire evidentiary record.

The guy just can't take his baby to fast food place then go to work and forget he had baby in car. He can't drive around and pretend there's no stench. It'd be nice if his wife turns on him after all the sexting. This guy can sit in prison the next 50 years.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 09:08 AM)
Also, let's not forget this guy "forgot" the kid was there, but at some point in the day came back and put stuff in his car. There's no reason he wouldn't have seen the kid at that point.

That is something besides google searches that will test any claim of coincidence. Undoubtedly, however, the cops are looking/hoping/waiting for more than that (ideally "hard" evidence), or else they would have charged him by now.

This article states there have been multiple "hot car" death nationwide this year, which absolutely boggles the mind. At best, these drivers are negligent, manslaughtering morons, but they can't all be cold-blooded killers. At least I hope not.

http://www.hlntv.com/interactive/2014/07/0...deaths-map-2014

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 08:18 AM)

But this moron needs to go to jail regardless. I could MAYBE excuse leaving a kid in a hot car for 30 minutes, maybe an hour, and not realizing the danger. But 9 hours?

Give this a read. There can be no difference between 30 minutes and 9 hours once something has been forgotten.

Note, I'm not posting this to defend this guy, because to me he (and his wife) did this on purpose. I'm posting this to your comment saying someone should go to jail regardless.

There are some legit cases where people forgot, and it's the worst mistake they'll ever make in their life. Doesn't make them murderers. Doesn't mean they should go to jail for it. They simply forgot - or assumed something had already been done.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/ma...2a52_story.html

Edited by IlliniKrush