Latest Atrocity; Guy in Georgia

greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 5, 2014 -> 06:25 PM)
You mean if you are a psychotic, selfish, piece of s*** psycho who wants to enact a murder? Yeah google should be offlimits unless u destroy your computer before enacting the sickening crime.

No, so that if there is a coincidence in which you are searching about something that actually happens, people don't act like that is sufficient proof that you had something to do with it. Regular purges of browsing history are a must too.

This guy may well have intentionally killed his kid, but search history is something that can be very incriminating for anyone when it ought not to be. For me, I'm going to feel free to search for what I want without worrying about someone misinterpreting my intentions for doing so.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 11:24 AM)
Give this a read. There can be no difference between 30 minutes and 9 hours once something has been forgotten.

Note, I'm not posting this to defend this guy, because to me he (and his wife) did this on purpose. I'm posting this to your comment saying someone should go to jail regardless.

There are some legit cases where people forgot, and it's the worst mistake they'll ever make in their life. Doesn't make them murderers. Doesn't mean they should go to jail for it. They simply forgot - or assumed something had already been done.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/ma...2a52_story.html

I cannot imagine a scenario where I would simply forget that my son was in the car.

But even then, in this case, remember the guy went back to his car and should have seen his son. Now add how he acted when the police arrived. Add in the weirdly on-point google searches. Add in the life insurance as a potential motive. To me, if what I've read is true, that's enough.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 11:45 AM)
I cannot imagine a scenario where I would simply forget that my son was in the car.

But even then, in this case, remember the guy went back to his car and should have seen his son. Now add how he acted when the police arrived. Add in the weirdly on-point google searches. Add in the life insurance as a potential motive. To me, if what I've read is true, that's enough.

I don't think any of us can, and I don't think that the people that have done it (unintentionally) ever thought they could do it either.

Again, I didn't post this in specific regards to this case. I'm in agreement with you. This looks premeditated. I just wanted to address the whole half hour vs 9 hours thing to those that actually make a legit mistake. You could easily get into hour 3 and when you think about your son, you think "I hope he's having fun at day care" when in fact you were supposed to drop him off today, not your wife. So it never triggers you to really remember even as hours go by.

I tell you what ... this guy is destined for jail so it would be sad if he really, truly forgot.

The reason he's going to jail? How the hell do you take your baby, who you have to put in a carseat, to a fast food joint for breakfast and 20 minutes later forget he's there and you've left him in the car?? I mean he's going to jail. There's just no way such forgetfulness can be justified. He'd be better off pleading insanity IMO.

Add to this ...

-- He's actively trying to date women on dating sites and trying to pick up 17 year old women.

-- He has no sense of smell and can't smell the foul odor in his car when the odor is just plain horrible.

-- He goes out to his car midday and doesn't see the baby or smell the odor. I mean he'd have to have such tunnel vision to go out to his car and not see what (who) is in the car.

-- And he does internet searches about people and animals dying in hot cars.

Oh, this guy is going to be convicted. Whether it's justice or not, maybe only God knows, but he's in deep s***.

Edited by greg775

Well as far as innocent til proven guilty ... finally an example of that this week.

Another woman in Houston was accused of being in a beauty salon and strangers had to bust open the SUV to get 2 kids out.

Turns out the "witness" was a moron who gave the TV station incorrect information. The woman had been with the 2 kids in a store (surveillance showed this to be true) then in letting the kids in the van, she dropped the car keys in the van and locked the door. The kids were hot immediately and crying; the woman sprinted in the salon to get a hammer; she broke out the window and she climbed in to get her kids.

So the "witnesses" were very unreliable and it was very sloppy reporting. There's a lot of sloppy reporting these days in this twitter era.