Chris Sale wins Final Vote

southsider2k5

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 6, 2014 -> 08:44 PM)
I'm pretty scared that Richards will make a run at us. Hector Santiago has been retweeting this non-stop.

PMB564c.jpg

Is Santiago some big star now? Richards will have the next highest votes simply because he is from LA and has good numbers not because Hector Santiago is retweeted stuff

The AL's final vote players are all pretty damn good, almost all extremely deserving. I'm not sure how Keuchel, Sale, Richards, and Kluber didn't get on the team. I guess part of it is just how stacked the AL is this year.

It's actually hard for me to objectively vote for Sale since guys like Kluber have almost similar numbers, but a much higher innings load.

I think Sale's going to get in anyways since a few guys who pitched on Sunday won't be able to play in the game.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 6, 2014 -> 08:57 PM)
Sale deserves it more than Lester and Darvish, is the problem.

Definitely more than Scott Kazmir. Great story and all, but there's way better pitchers in the AL. Sale's one of them, along with Kluber and Richards. You can make an argument for Keuchel as well. Hell, we should be pissed that Q didn't get a mention. 3.20 ERA and 2.88 FIP, 8th most fWAR in the AL among pitchers.

The A's already had 5 all-stars before Kazmir. His inclusion seemed unwarranted.

BTW, I actually think Lester and Darvish were good picks #2 and #3 respectively this year in fWAR. I was actually unaware of how good Lester's been this year before I looked his stats up just now.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 6, 2014 -> 07:39 PM)
Is there a max voting limit online? Feel like I have voted well over 30 times so far

I probably voted 50 times too. I can never remember when they do this but I don't think there is a limit. I'm tired, too much sun today. I'll vote more tomorrow.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 6, 2014 -> 09:04 PM)
#solvingcaptchasforchrissale

I was really hoping their security would be as lax as it was for Pods and AJ. All they required was a random six-digit number that matched. That was easy to jackup with JavaScript.

Not worth the time this year.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 6, 2014 -> 07:17 PM)
Caulfield this is not the time for tangents or failed Steve Phillips' trades. Scott Kazmir has not been better than Sale by any metric.

Nevertheless, if the A's win the World Series this year, Moneyball II the movie will prominently feature the acquisitions/subplots of Kazmir and Jesse Chavez.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 6, 2014 -> 09:10 PM)
Is Santiago some big star now? Richards will have the next highest votes simply because he is from LA and has good numbers not because Hector Santiago is retweeted stuff

Trout is giving away a signed "gamer" bat on Facebook if Richards wins. So it's pretty much Richards vs sale , still voting!

QUOTE (venom4789 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 12:38 PM)
Looks like the sox are teaming up with the nationals while the cubs are teaming up with the tigers in getting their players in, wonder why they choose not to team up with eachother.

because the whole cubs sox rivalry , even if they teamed up, i wouldnt vote for rizzo lol

QUOTE (venom4789 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 12:38 PM)
Looks like the sox are teaming up with the nationals while the cubs are teaming up with the tigers in getting their players in, wonder why they choose not to team up with eachother.

I'll always hate the cubs, even if Rizzo deserves to win, I'm gonna vote Rendon not because of the partnership with the White Sox, but because Cubs teamed up with Detroit.So F*** Detroit and F*** the Cubs.