Joining the board

venom4789

Sorry if this is in the wrong area but wasnt able to find a thread or folder where to post if your a new poster and to introduce yourself. just figured i would say hi since i have just recently joined the board. I have been a huge white sox fan my whole life, originally a poster at whitesox.com but after recent updates to their message board and constant bickering over politics i have decided to move to greener pastures. Seems like a lot of people know baseball pretty well here so hoping it leads to great conversations, discusions and even arguements.

My favorite white sox player black jack

My favorite game i went to was game 2 against the redsox in 05 when iguchi hit the big homerun.

Favorite player in baseball is ken griffey jr, i could watch him swing a bat for hours.

And the play that always sticks out to me was watching robin ventura try to charge nolan ryan, i was a huge fan of venture and just remember being devasted when he got put in the headlock.

Looking forward to contributing and having fun.

QUOTE (venom4789 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 12:15 PM)
Sorry if this is in the wrong area but wasnt able to find a thread or folder where to post if your a new poster and to introduce yourself. just figured i would say hi since i have just recently joined the board. I have been a huge white sox fan my whole life, originally a poster at whitesox.com but after recent updates to their message board and constant bickering over politics i have decided to move to greener pastures. Seems like a lot of people know baseball pretty well here so hoping it leads to great conversations, discusions and even arguements.

My favorite game i went to was game 2 against the redsox in 05 when iguchi hit the big homerun.

Favorite player in baseball is ken griffey jr, i could watch him swing a bat for hours.

And the play that always sticks out to me was watching robin ventura try to charge nolan ryan, i was a huge fan of venture and just remember being devasted when he got put in the headlock.

Love it, welcome to the board! Hope to see lots of contributions.

QUOTE (thedoctor @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 02:25 PM)
welcome. i started at the white sox boards, too, many moons ago.

this board is better. although we don't ever argue so sorry to disappoint you there. :)

While i am sure there are there moments it seems this board doesnt have the random trolls that continually pop up over there, or posters who continue to say the same thing over and over.

QUOTE (venom4789 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 01:43 PM)
While i am sure there are there moments it seems this board doesnt have the random trolls that continually pop up over there, or posters who continue to say the same thing over and over.

Haha, please don't set your expectations too high.

QUOTE (venom4789 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 02:43 PM)

I'm trying

:lol:

Welcome.

And welcome again.

By the way, welcome.

New posters must post a thread with their outlandish trade propositions and unrealistic complete lineup and starting rotation overhauls. This is a good starting point for ideas.

Edited by almagest

QUOTE (almagest @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 08:17 PM)
New posters must post a thread with their outlandish trade propositions and unrealistic complete lineup and starting rotation overhauls. This is a good starting point for ideas.

mine will be JR will invite Scott B over for dinner and drinks and discuss world politics.

QUOTE (venom4789 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 11:15 AM)

2001-2004 it was quite an interesting/polarized atmosphere at whitesox.com, all the hate for KW and just a very few defenders. How that all changed in 2005.

That's mostly TUC's outlandish attempts at humor.