A little number crunching

mac9001

If the Sox's go only 13-12 (86 wins total) in September the Royals and Twins would need to go:

16-11, .592- KC

15-10, .600- Minny

Just to tie the Sox's.

Seeing as we have 15 home games we should finish at aleast around .500.

I'd say we have ourselves an AL Central title bearing a big hot streak from KC or Minny.

If the Sox's go only 13-12 (86 wins total) in September the Royals and Twins would need to go:

16-11, .592- KC

15-10, .600- Minny

Just to tie the Sox's.

Seeing as we have 15 home games we should finish at aleast around .500.

I'd say we have ourselves an AL Central title bearing a big hot streak from KC or Minny.

PLEASE look at the twins schedule before you say they cant go 15-10. THey should do that EASILY. We are gonna have to go WAY above .500 to win this division. :nono

There schedule looks easy, but...

5-8 vs. Cle

11-1 vs. Det (you gotta figure Det play's better)

5-7 vs. the White Sox

2-4 vs. the Angles

2-4 vs. The Rangers

The Twins have played bad aginst all those teams other then the Tigers and even the Tigers can't keep playing that bad. For them to go 15-10 they either have to be hot or go 7-0 vs. the Tigers.

5-8 vs. Cle

5-7 vs. the White Sox

2-4 vs. the Angles

2-4 vs. The Rangers

The Twins have played bad aginst all those teams other then the Tigers and even the Tigers can't keep playing that bad. For them to go 15-10 they either have to be hot or go 7-0 vs. the Tigers.

Interesting... The Tigers are really going to help their cause, as they have all but given up.

5-8 vs. Cle

5-7 vs. the White Sox

2-4 vs. the Angles

2-4 vs. The Rangers

Interesting... The Tigers are really going to help their cause, as they have all but given up.

I don't know about that, they have a four game series at the end of the year and what better way to end a season then to beat up a team with playoff hopes. It's happend sevral times in the past, where a crappy team knock's out a playoff team in the last series of the season.

wouldn't want to put my fate in the hands of Kevin Witt and Ramon Santiago

as well as Danny Patterson

Of course not, let's just hope the Sox's keeping winning and this becomes a moot point.

Exactly. The only "stat", if you want to call it that, that I care about right now are White Sox victories. As long as that number in the "W" column keeps going up, then the rest will take care of itself. And I am sure that is all that is important to these players right now as well. I guarantee you ask any player after an 0-4 performance in a Sox victory, these words will come out of their mouth,"yeah, I would have loved to contribute, but we got the win". Believe me, I love to see the Sox players succeed on an individual basis as much as the next guy, but at this stage of the game, winning is the only "stat" I care about. 1-0, 3-2, 15-14, 20-19, I don't care about the score, I just want the W.

Just keep taking care of business and winning series. After Boston ew have 7 series to close out the season. We win 5 or 6 of those series and we should be fine. Avoid sweeps and life is wonderful. Crank up the printing presses and start screen printing it's post season baseball.

5-8 vs. Cle

5-7 vs. the White Sox

2-4 vs. the Angles

2-4 vs. The Rangers

I don't know about that, they have a four game series at the end of the year and what better way to end a season then to beat up a team with playoff hopes. It's happend sevral times in the past, where a crappy team knock's out a playoff team in the last series of the season.

I'd agree. The Tigers may be the worst team in the 2003, but they are going to try VERY hard to keep from being the worst team in the modern era. That 120 loss mark is sitting out there and they are currently projected to fall at 119. They are going to try and make sure that 120 does not happen. What better way to avoid the record by playing spoiler.

The Tigers definately have something to play for.

5-8 vs. Cle

5-7 vs. the White Sox

2-4 vs. the Angles

2-4 vs. The Rangers

I'd agree. The Tigers may be the worst team in the 2003, but they are going to try VERY hard to keep from being the worst team in the modern era. That 120 loss mark is sitting out there and they are currently projected to fall at 119. They are going to try and make sure that 120 does not happen. What better way to avoid the record by playing spoiler.

The Tigers definately have something to play for.

Usually I would agree with the theory you guys are putting up. But I actually have some good second-hand knowledge of the Tigers interworkings. (I know a pitcher who has been up and down with them) Their clubhouse is a mess as they keep telling players that this is their chance to win a job, then will move them back to Toledo for no apparent reason. Players are frustrated, confused, and feel stabbed in the back. IMO they are a lock to lose those 120 games.

We see how far Tiger pride has gotten them this season. Once they start playing for themselves they'll roll over even faster. Expect no help from dogs, go win the damn thing yourself. Keep winning series, beat the teams in your division and start printing tix for the big show.

I feel a need to go bold. This is NOT about limping into the playoffs.

Think of winning the division as being in the top 10 after the last pit stop with about 30 laps to go at the Daytona 500. The goal is to be the fastest car on the track & win the race. The NYY are leading the race (I believe) but they do NOT have the fastest car right now. WE DO! So let's keep it going & win every F'g SERIES!

And of course watch the BBTN guys bumble over themselves to talk about us .. finally!

As for DET, I think the Sept callups will make it difficult for the Twinks to win ev game.