Moises Sierra's Dugout Antics

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 08:44 AM)
I see a guy trying his best to keep the team loose while having some fun. I think its great Sierra shows some love for his teammates and outside of Connor everyone else looks like they enjoy it. That's about as far as I'm willing to read into it. I'm glad he's apart of this team.

Indeed. Stuff like this happens all around baseball and I'm glad it's found its way here. I was saying it all last year, or perhaps it was just the offseason, this team needed guys like Moises down in that dugout.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 08:44 AM)
I see a guy trying his best to keep the team loose while having some fun. I think its great Sierra shows some love for his teammates and outside of Connor everyone else looks like they enjoy it. That's about as far as I'm willing to read into it. I'm glad he's apart of this team.

I feel like Connor just has a real serious demeanor, He probably thinks it's funny and knows it's good fun but that's just him, he's a serious guy who won't play around himself but probably finds it amusing watching the other guys mess around.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 09:21 AM)
Indeed. Stuff like this happens all around baseball and I'm glad it's found its way here. I was saying it all last year, or perhaps it was just the offseason, this team needed guys like Moises down in that dugout.

Seconded. A transition away from Paulie-style seriousness as new clubhouse leadership comes to the fore is not a bad thing, and doesn't require a loss of professionalism.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 10:21 AM)

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 11:04 AM)
Seconded. A transition away from Paulie-style seriousness as new clubhouse leadership comes to the fore is not a bad thing, and doesn't require a loss of professionalism.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 11:25 AM)
Reminds me of the Dodgers .gifs I've seen with Puig and Ryu "harassing" Uribe. Feeding him bananas and doing the King Kong chest pounds. Uribe takes it all in good fun, though.

Well said gents. IMO, the team needs this and this is one thing that's been missing.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 17, 2014 -> 11:52 PM)
all the new guys are likeable, keep clearing out the dead wood.

Almost all of the guys that people don't like on this team are really likable. Most people just let the on field production cloud their off of the field personality.

Almost all of the guys that people don't like on this team are really likable. Most people just let the on field production cloud their off of the field personality.

Ironic since at least one former member of the team is the exact opposite.